About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
327$/mo

Dev Blog (project "Eternal")
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Work In Progress (project "Eternal")
Sounds great, I really like the idea of the environmental transitions. Sounds like you have a lot of gameplay features in place.

No worries on the video, quite happy to wait until you guys feel you are ready. Keep up the great work!
03-17-2013 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

(03-14-2013 10:20 PM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  Interesting project, I love the graphical design.

Thanks. Yea we are straddling the "stylized" approach since we're not confident we can maintain a "realistic" art style approach. Too much demand not just from the art side, but from the engine as well. I hope that makes sense. Some folks have said that "realistic" art style is the new trend, but it really requires such a number of things from the artists and developers that a small indie team won't be able to sustain from start to initial release.
03-19-2013 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Yeah, I think that's a valid comment. Whilst my approach currently to my graphics is a more 'realistic' one undoubtedly one of the beauties of video games is the ability to take people out of their 'normal world' and immerse them in something different. As I'm not an artist that's difficult for me but something I admire in those who can.
03-20-2013 08:38 AM
EthanC Offline

I especially like the "non-slot inventory system" if I understand correctly and you're trying to do it the way Entropia did. We had the same system in our C4 project and haven't yet decided whether to try porting it over to Esenthel or not.
03-20-2013 08:47 AM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Yea Entropia certainly did have almost the exact approach we're doing, with a way to rummage through the items. I think it is best seen in action rather than described in words. Hopefully the UI will be worked on in the next month or so where it is presentable enough for video capturing.
03-22-2013 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fuzzylr Offline

Nice keep up the good work.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
03-29-2013 11:11 PM