About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Importing Heightmaps?
aaronaowens Offline

Importing Heightmaps?
Hey guys. I am having issues importing heightmaps...I try to drag and drop an image in the specified location after opening the import window and I get no result. No message, no image appears, nothing.Anyone have any ideas on why this might be? I'm probably just being a dummy and skippin a step or overlooking something here so...any help would be appreciated.
12-19-2011 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fatcoder Offline

RE: Importing Heightmaps?
There appears to be an issue at them moment, which you can track on this thread here.

http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=4641
12-19-2011 09:07 AM
aaronaowens Offline

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that. Appreciate the help.
12-19-2011 10:33 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thanks and sorry for the problem, issue has been fixed, if you have more problems with it please let me know (attach the image files)
12-19-2011 03:59 PM
aaronaowens Offline

I'm still having the issue. When I drag and drop these images into the Import Heightmap Window or Using the pop up with the image button on the brush settings window, nothing appears. I've tried it in Editor DX10+, Editor, and Editor 64. I've tried more than just these 2 images but the others weren't heightmaps just different file formats.

Is there a maximum dimensional size for the images that the editor allows to be imported as heightmaps?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 09:30 PM by aaronaowens.)
12-19-2011 09:28 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thanks but I've just tried those 2 images and they both work fine in latest SDK. (tested Editor.exe and Editor DX10+.exe)
Are you sure you've launched the Autoupdate with correct path to the SDK?
if you did and it's still not working, can you delete Editor.exe and restart Autoupdate again?

Quote:Is there a maximum dimensional size for the images that the editor allows to be imported as heightmaps?
there is no limit
12-19-2011 09:44 PM
aaronaowens Offline

I deleted editor.exe, started the auto update and checked my path (it went to the main directory for the esenthal SDK).

Still no luck importing the images...Shall I try a complete uninstall/reinstall?
12-19-2011 09:51 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Is anyone else having this issue? (upon drag and dropping the image files into World Editor Heightmap Import, it doesn't work)

aaronaowens: what is your system configuration? (GPU, CPU, OS)
do you have all latest GPU drivers and DirectX runtime?
12-19-2011 10:06 PM
aaronaowens Offline

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1gb)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (3.4ghz)

Just downloaded the newest GPU drivers that came out this month, although mine were very recent still and still no luck.

Tried to install the latest DX runtime just to make sure it was up to date and I got an error that a cabinet file necessary for installation was missing so I am doing a fix on that now.

Also windows 7 warned me, after uninstalling/reinstalling esenthal, that the program may not have been installed properly. So I think I may have some more elevated issues. Running a sfc /scannow in the command prompt to verify and repair all of my protected system files (got the info off of microsofts webpage).

I will keep you posted on my results.
Ok. So DX runtime was up to date. Any idea why Windows 7 would warn me that the SDK didn't install properly?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 10:42 PM by aaronaowens.)
12-19-2011 10:26 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:the program may not have been installed properly
you can ignore this, it's false warning
12-19-2011 10:42 PM
aaronaowens Offline

(12-19-2011 10:42 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  
Quote:the program may not have been installed properly
you can ignore this, it's false warning

Ok, good to know.
Is there another way to import heightmaps into the world editor besides dragging and dropping them?
Nobody else is having this problem?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 11:43 PM by aaronaowens.)
12-19-2011 10:44 PM
fatcoder Offline

I just tested it. Before the latest update is didn't work. After the latest update it worked as expected. Did you try just downloading a fresh copy of the SDK?
12-20-2011 12:00 AM
aaronaowens Offline

(12-20-2011 12:00 AM)fatcoder Wrote:  I just tested it. Before the latest update is didn't work. After the latest update it worked as expected. Did you try just downloading a fresh copy of the SDK?

I think I was having some larger issues with my PC as a whole...I just reformatted and reinstalled my OS...in the process of reinstalling all my software and updating everything...will post my results soon.
12-20-2011 02:22 AM
aaronaowens Offline

Nothing...No luck still...I drag and drop an image into the designated area and nothing happens...I'm at a loss...
12-20-2011 03:38 AM
fatcoder Offline

This might be a really dumb question, but are you then clicking the Apply button?
12-20-2011 05:35 AM