About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Connecting mesh with particles and light
Nox_A15 Offline

Connecting mesh with particles and light
Connecting mesh with particles and light - is it possible? I heard so, even found this old topic - http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=649, but it seems to be a solution for programmers (or is it?). I'm looking for something which would allow me to put an object in world editor, which is already connected with all effects. Like candles - adding particles and light to them all the time can be really time consuming (I know, I can just copy finished ones, but what about brushing map with objects for example?).

Someone told me once there's such an option in objects parameters (to attach one template to another), but I can't find anything about it.
01-12-2012 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragonfly3 Offline

RE: Connecting mesh with particles and light
We have created our own object type that we called OBJ_EMITTER that allows us to attach multiple particle effects to an object by using the parameter settings in the object window to set things like the size, color, radius, etc. So that is one way to tackle the particles part of it.

I am not sure about attaching the light as well. I would be interested in this, too, for the same reasons: candles, torches, fires, lamps, etc.

It would be great if there were some way to combine object types as well. For example, we also created a teleporter object type that we called OBJ_TELEPORT. We wish for our teleporter objects to serve as both teleporters and particle emitters but we can only assign either OBJ_TELEPORT or OBJ_EMITTER to them.

If anyone else has any ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated
01-14-2012 01:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply