About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Shatterstar's Blog (creator of Fate of Lysian)
Shatterstar Offline

Shatterstar's Blog (creator of Fate of Lysian)
Ok...so I thought that i would start a blog, because i would like to see other people do the same. Maybe then the community could all get to know each other a little more. So I just took another Job...so now I'm working two Jobs. I'm a janitor and a security guard. ..i have come to the conclusion that the game will get finished faster if i work two jobs, and buy as many models as I can. This is sad, because I take great pride in being an artist, and being a 3d modeller. I have tried and tried to find people to join me in making a game...but I never find anyone. I really dont want a video game filled with a bunch of models from turbosquid. So what I'll probably do is go to blenderartist.org and hire a freelancer to work on the game. This is sad that I can't find someone that would be willing to work free now, and get half of the kickstarter money later whenever it gets posted. But oh well...I really don't know what else to do. realistically having to work and pay bills, I would probably only be ablt to make 100 models in a year. So, I'm going to end it here by saying...My way of thinking is if i work two jobs, I know I will be able to buy more than 100 models in a year. Probably around 2 or 3 hundred would be more accurate, but it seems as though the real world always gets in the way of any true artist. To show a little something...Here is the cover of issue number 1 of the Fate of Lysian comic book. -Cheers

Attached File(s) Image(s)

05-05-2013 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

RE: Shatterstar's Blog (creator of Fate of Lysian)
Nice cover!

My advice it to forgo a second job and spend that time making more models yourself since you seem good at it.
05-05-2013 05:58 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I kind of agree with Fex but you need to do what you believe is right and will work for you. Good luck mate and cool cover btw smile
05-05-2013 08:41 AM
Shatterstar Offline

thanks for the advice and support Fex. I havent decided what I'm going to do next. But If I do buy models, It wont be from Turbosquid, or any other website. I'll find a freelancer and pay them. I've often thought about making my own medieval modeling website. Sell all of my models to raise cash, so that I continue to finish the game on my own. But I don't know if people even make a lot of money doing that.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 04:48 PM by Shatterstar.)
05-05-2013 04:48 PM
TheElk Offline

I love the Cover

If you need some model let me no we can talk.

TheElk
05-05-2013 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply