About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor - Esenthel Script - Virtual Environment
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Code Editor - Esenthel Script - Virtual Environment
(02-12-2012 12:57 AM)Harry Wrote:  Because as I understand you are making your own compiler from scratch which works on virtual machine like Java?
Yes, it's very similar to LUA, UnrealScript.

Quote:- Android license is paid... but you can get the free code editor for android... do you still need the paid license?
yes if you want to make your project commercial.

Esenthel Editor (with Code Editor) for Android Market (full version) will cost around 10$, it will be able to compile and run codes on the Android.

In order to play .esbin (exe) files on Android made by someone else, I'll need to make "Esenthel Player" app for Android Market which can load custom .esbin files and play them.
Its cost will be either 0 or 1-2$.
02-12-2012 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

(02-12-2012 04:14 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 12:57 AM)Harry Wrote:  Because as I understand you are making your own compiler from scratch which works on virtual machine like Java?
Yes, it's very similar to LUA, UnrealScript.

Can i ask why you don't use languages which are already multi-platform? Creating your own compiler is awesome in some sense but a waste of time in my eyes when we talk about developing an 3Dengine.

Angelscript does all that for you already and more people are familiar with standard language scripting then pure c++.
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/features.html

You don't need binding cause it doesn't need to:
Direct access - The script engine can directly access and use registered functions, objects, and object members without the need to write proxy functions (where native calling conventions are supported).
C and C++ interface - There is a flat C interface that can be used by languages that don't interact well with C++ interfaces. It has also successfully been used in Delphi projects.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 05:44 PM by Dynad.)
02-14-2012 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skykill Offline

I see one advantage to bind functions, let's say you want your users to be able to run untrusted code, it could be dangerous if some functions like Exit are available and can crash/delete files from the system.
I have wanted to add a scripting language to my game i have first added Lua but i have find it limited and i prefer to code in C++.
So i'm developping a scripting language that uses pure C/C++ (Objective-C/C++ could be also possible) with virtual machine like Java who compile code to bitcode and execute with a JIT compiler. I just need to register the symbols from the engine and include the header in the code.
The difference is i'm not developping my own compiler pfft it's a waste of time when you can find a working open source compiler and don't need to fix yourself the bugs.
I will show you what it looks when it will be functional, right now, lot of work need to be done, like a secure sandbox filepath for prevent the code to access other files then the game folder. It's a nightmare to understand how the compiler work, i'm on it for over a month.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 07:46 PM by Skykill.)
02-14-2012 07:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

progress

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-07-2012 05:32 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

Not at the moment, as it would require some serious amount of work.
03-07-2012 05:56 PM