About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Run Esenthel App without window
Harry Offline

Run Esenthel App without window
Do you know how to do this? Just like Mouse Extend tool works. I tried to play with window.h:

Code:
HWND hWnd = (HWND)App.hwnd();
ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_HIDE );

but window shows for a while (during InitPre function I think (just loading engine.pak)) and then disappear.

Can I also create applications using EE without need of engine.pak?
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 05:30 PM by Harry.)
02-02-2012 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Run Esenthel App without window
maybe you can minimize on start but i don't think its possible to remove window on start.

engine.pak is needed for loading shaders/gui/info... so Esenthel has to create a standalone console version if u want to get rid of that aswell..

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
02-02-2012 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

if you don't need graphics directx initilization then you can do your codes in InitPre and enable flag APP_EXIT_IMMEDIATELY

if you need graphics directx initilization then you can call WindowHide(App.hwnd()) inside Init()
which will result in window being created, shown for <1 second, and being hidden immediatelly
02-02-2012 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Ok, thanks. First way looks interesting but when I make loop which should end after 10 seconds and then turn off app I saw that Time.d() function doesn't work in InitPre. Does it mean that some other functions won't work too? Is there any way to check what key user pressed even when window is hidden? I tried with APP_WORK_IN_BACKGROUND flag but without success.
02-02-2012 06:21 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

what kind of app are you trying to develop?
02-03-2012 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Well to be honest I really don't know what I want to get. Generally I want make some application which works in background (it isn't visible to user on taskbar) but user still can do something with it for example some shortcut will generate some files etc. As I wrote I don't know what exactly it could be but I'm interesting if such application is possible to do with EE without need of external libraries or calling OS functions or something else.
02-04-2012 12:02 AM