About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Linux Server SDK
Dynad Offline

RE: Linux Server SDK
(02-15-2012 06:45 PM)Demostenes Wrote:  
(02-15-2012 02:45 PM)Dynad Wrote:  So again, it all depends on the situation.

Tell me, where I am telling opposite. I wrote basic facts and which system is more appropriate depends on the need of each project and dozens of other conditions.

Personally I prefer Windows servers, but there is lots of situations, where using Windows platform is pure idiocy. The basic facts I wrote are still valid.

Which part is a fact that your telling that windows has worse performance? Sounds like a fact based on nothing to me but ok..

Nowhere in this thread stands for that we 'The EE Community' doesn't understand the differences between OS's. It's probably in your case that you clearly understands everything and the other forum members does not..

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 07:10 PM by Dynad.)
02-15-2012 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(02-15-2012 07:08 PM)Dynad Wrote:  Which part is a fact that your telling that windows has worse performance? Sounds like a fact based on nothing to me but ok..

Tell this people, who are running for example core systems of banks, and they will call you ambulance. Actually I have never seen in my life critical system (performance/stability) running on windows. And no, critical system is not webhosting or some web game. I mean core systems of banks, army...Actually I am working with them (for them). What about you? Do you have some experience from this field you want to share? Or you just know better, because you have feeling?
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 02:58 PM by Demostenes.)
02-16-2012 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Baccari Offline

I actually work in a RADAR data processing center and in aeronautical surveillance, speed and reliability in data delivery is very critical so all of our machines including clients run Linux and it is a very important requirement when buying new systems and i have never seen any system of this kind running Windows.

Every one of us has his own experience with servers and has his own reasons to choose an OS over the other. Personally I can never think of using a Windows server when I have the possibility to use Linux and that's why i asked Esenthel people to provide us with Linux server SDK.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 03:20 PM by Baccari.)
02-16-2012 03:18 PM
Zervox Offline

Demostenes,
Core systems of banks,army,hospitals,police also do run on Windows core setups, just because in your employment they haven't doesn't mean it is not being done.

If you have not ever been able to get something performance and stability to stand on Windows I blame your technical skills.
as in matter of fact your employment history is almost purely related to communication between teams and developers it seems, that is according to the information you have publicly available.

But starting a reason to have a Linux Server related SDK by saying that MS is slow, unstable etc etc, fails to impress me.

I do agree Baccari, I am sure plenty of people would be overjoyed by having the ability to develop for all Windows,Linux,Mac not only server but actually the games themselves as well.
02-16-2012 04:54 PM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(02-16-2012 04:54 PM)Zervox Wrote:  Demostenes,
Core systems of banks,army,hospitals,police also do run on Windows core setups, just because in your employment they haven't doesn't mean it is not being done.

Sorry, you dont know what are you talking about.
(02-16-2012 04:54 PM)Zervox Wrote:  If you have not ever been able to get something performance and stability to stand on Windows I blame your technical skills.

I never told anything like this, this is you trolling construction. You really dont understand my point.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 05:19 PM by Demostenes.)
02-16-2012 05:17 PM
Tottel Offline

Obviously, Demostenes is right. Windows server is not being used by any company.

As always, microsoft only focuses on home users running their own servers. Preferably people of age 60+.
02-16-2012 05:23 PM
Zervox Offline

Oh damn, Tottel, your right, demostenes is truly the only one in the developer world who works with servers of critical importance.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 05:37 PM by Zervox.)
02-16-2012 05:36 PM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(02-16-2012 05:23 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Obviously, Demostenes is right. Windows server is not being used by any company.

OMG.
02-16-2012 05:39 PM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(02-16-2012 06:35 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  @demostenes: I think you need to buy a license soon, even if it's just a personal license. I hate for you to leave and lose all the hard work you have put in so far.

O told you 50x, so once again. One of our team members owns personal licence for testing purposes. Other logical step is company licence.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 07:34 PM by Demostenes.)
02-16-2012 07:32 PM