About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Basic tutorial
pegasus Offline

Basic tutorial
Hi,

Is there a small basic tutorial,for the beginner? not only how create a world
and put tree and stone,but a tutorial that show how create a player character move it and how the character interact with object/npc,
pickup object,and use them.. Would be very nice..wink

sincerely.
02-26-2012 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PsychoBoy Offline

RE: Basic tutorial
You have Documentation.chm file provided in Esenthel SDK, read Beginner's Guide section.
After you read it and compile your first tutorial there are much more tuts, I will quote:
Quote:In depth explanation of Esenthel Engine programming can be found in the 100+ tutorials provided inside the SDK - "EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials"
02-26-2012 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pegasus Offline

(02-26-2012 09:42 PM)PsychoBoy Wrote:  You have Documentation.chm file provided in Esenthel SDK, read Beginner's Guide section.
After you read it and compile your first tutorial there are much more tuts, I will quote:
Quote:In depth explanation of Esenthel Engine programming can be found in the 100+ tutorials provided inside the SDK - "EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials"

Thank you for the answer!

But sorry for the stupid quest: is this engine for non programmer, or must be an advanced programmer? I love this enginewink but if I must learn to programming in C++ I have no much time.. is there a simplified language?
for non programmer?...

Thank you already..
02-27-2012 08:45 PM
yvanvds Offline

You WILL need to program, or find someone that does it for you. I do not think you'll find many game engines which allows you to create a game without programming. There are a few for simple flash games and such, but when you want to create something original you need to code it. No way around that.
02-29-2012 06:45 PM
pegasus Offline

Hi! Thank you for the answer.
Yes yvanvds, you are right, the engines without programming are for kids, I have used
for more time, 3dgamestudio from conitec, that use the Lite-C script, is easy to learn and powerful in the game, but there are some other thing that for me are not satisfactory, and i have abandoned these engine.
Another question, i have seen there are many code example, how could i bind the script
in my created test game, for example the player move function? and assign the function to the player? and i could modify them for my purpose?

I must tell the programmer from the engine, the engine is wonderful! but there are too few tutorial for the beginner, as i have seen in the forum, many people ask about a beginner tutorial, and the answer is : there are many tutorial in the esenthelsdk,
yes there are, but for one taht will approach the engine the first time, the tutorial are
disordered, do not know where to begin and end with it, a small step for step tutorial how add a script in the game for the player move, and a small enemy script would be very useful.

Thanks to you all.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 03:22 PM by pegasus.)
03-06-2012 03:19 PM
PsychoBoy Offline

As I quoted:
Just follow these tutorials and you will learn step by step how to use engine; there are also provided game basics (that what you are looking for, e.g: creating player, world etc.) and if it's not enough for you, you can download for free source of game "Bloody Massacre" here:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=demos
There are also more sources but avaible only for licensed developers.
Eventually you can also ask on forum.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 03:38 PM by PsychoBoy.)
03-06-2012 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

You should stop thinking about scripts for now. Things like player movement are just done in C++ code, although it might get easier once Esenthel gets its scripting code done.

About the existing tutorials. If you are comfortable with with C++ programming and the general concepts of 3d gaming, they are very easy to follow. But I agree that it might be difficult if you don't have much experience in one of those two areas. It's not impossible though. I know of people who've learned programming from these examples. (But then again, some people are faster in picking up programming concepts than others are. That's just the way it is.)
03-06-2012 03:51 PM