About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Fat Lines with Intel HD 3000
fatcoder Offline

Fat Lines with Intel HD 3000
I've been running some tests on a laptop with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. I'm using the latest drivers (just checked on the Intel site). The problem is that all drawn lines (such as D.line() or Box.draw() or gui border drawing for example) are coming out really fat. I haven't seen this on any other computer I've tested on. Here is a screen shot from the Matrix tutorial to demonstrate the problem.

03-19-2012 01:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Fat Lines with Intel HD 3000
is this dx9? I'll disable AA for lines for intel
03-19-2012 11:57 AM
fatcoder Offline

Sorry, should have tested them both. I have now tested both the Matrix tutorial and the Editor in both DX9 and DX10. Here are the results.

Matrix tutorial, DX9 - Runs with fat lines.
Matrix tutorial, DX10 - Does not run at all (black screen and hangs). Shows as "Not Responding" in Task Manager.
Editor DX9 - Runs with fat lines.
Editor DX10 - Runs fine with no fat lines. Everything looks good.
03-19-2012 12:12 PM
fatcoder Offline

I haven't done complete testing yet to confirm this, but I noticed that the "fat lines" seemed to have disappeared when running my project on the Intel HD Graphics 3000 since the last update. Did you disable AA for the lines on this chipset?

I notice however that the tools still show the problem. For example, borders around all the text boxes in the Autoupdate tool are all fat lines.

I will run some more tests on the tutorials like in my previous post next time I'm on that laptop.
04-08-2012 02:56 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Autoupdate was not updated
04-08-2012 11:28 PM