Demostenes Offline
Banned

RE: Material scale belongs to the Material Editor
Indeed.
01-08-2012 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abril Offline

I have to bump this request, a small button in the material editor is all that's required - gave up with setting texture scale in the world editor after trying repeatedly to move the mouse up and down to set a simple scale of 0.5 on a texture (it always results in values like 0.499, 0.502 etc., creating small seams on tileable objects if I can't set them to precise values)
Thanks...
03-13-2012 07:40 PM
ronalmb Offline

I would like to agree with this as well. It would be handy to have more precise control over that. Using the mouse is a handy feature but it doesn't lend itself well to precision. I end up with seams when i try to use this feature as well.
03-14-2012 04:30 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the seams won't be visible in the game
03-19-2012 01:01 AM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

Anyway having this on material tab makes sense. Same with ability to manualy enter value. Setting this through painting texture on terrain is not comfortable at all.

EE GUI needs exactly this kinds of improvements to be able to compete with GUIs of other engines. When I am able to do typical operation on one engine in 5 seconds and it takes me 1 minute on EE, there is something wrong. And it is not about implementing new features, EE has great features. It is only about GUI ergonomy/tuning. There is huge space for improvement. When you need to import 3000 models, ergonomic GUI makes difference between few days and few weeks/months of work.
I ve made simple test, I took one package (some buildings) and imported to EE and to Unity. Exactly same work, same configuration, same material settings. 2 minutes in Unity, 1 hour in EE. Only difference is GUI and how comfortable is this process. Unity is very crappy engine (unstable/bugged as hell), but GUI is by far the best. It should serve as inspiration, no need to reinvent wheel.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 04:41 PM by Demostenes.)
03-19-2012 04:39 PM
Abril Offline

(03-19-2012 01:01 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  the seams won't be visible in the game

Even if it won't (and plus how much seams is it allowed until it wont show up?) this doesn't solve the problem Esenthel tho.
Actually if anything, it just adds to the discrepancy and counter-intuitiveness of material editor -> world editor -> game mode.
Would be much better to have in game the exact results (including seams) I see in the material editor and in the world editor.
03-19-2012 07:06 PM