About Store Forum Documentation Contact

How To Add Shaders?
EthanC Offline

How To Add Shaders?
While trying to create my own shader for a specific material, I noticed the "shader" drop down box but i don't see as anywhere i can add in actual shaders I've created. Also what is the desired format? .fx?
04-03-2012 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EthanC Offline

RE: How To Add Shaders?
(04-04-2012 12:40 AM)aceio76 Wrote:  It's actually custom for EE.

Please look for \Tutorials\Source\Advanced\3 - Mesh, Shaders\Shaders
in:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...=tutorials

Ok, let me just preface the statement i'm about to make be reaffirming that I love this Engine. I really do. I think it has great potential and am very glad to be using it.

That being said, the fact that the tutorials are in a format that is totally alien to me is annoying. I can't for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't just be either written down or a video or something. Plus it would save a lot of time having to ask about a lot of stuff that I'm sure they cover.
04-04-2012 12:48 AM
TBJokers Offline

Add your shader to the Enum list, and then set your material to the shader enum.. or you can do it by code..

Material mymatwithshader;

mymatwithshader.user_shader(Your enum.. if you only have basic i'd guess it'd say 2 or 3 here for yours.);

hope this was what you meant.

Man, it's always that semicolon...
04-04-2012 01:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EthanC Offline

(04-04-2012 01:51 AM)TBJokers Wrote:  Add your shader to the Enum list, and then set your material to the shader enum.. or you can do it by code..

Material mymatwithshader;

mymatwithshader.user_shader(Your enum.. if you only have basic i'd guess it'd say 2 or 3 here for yours.);

hope this was what you meant.

Read my above post.
04-04-2012 02:18 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

creating/using custom shaders is covered in C++ tutorials
04-05-2012 03:13 AM