About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Spliting up Single Animation
Brad_Mclain Offline

RE: Spliting up Single Animation
I might be wrong here so feel free to correct me.

I find it strange that the recommended file format for models is DAE (according to the wiki) but from what I've read DAE does not seem to support multi track animations, which is the preferred method of animation in the engine.

Am I mistaken with this?
11-26-2011 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(11-25-2011 07:19 PM)Abril Wrote:  I see that the Animation class has a member animationkeys with a "clip" function. So I imagine one could load the model within EE with the single long animation, get the animation, then clip the animationkeys to the desired range and call Animation::save.
Reload the original model with the single big animation and repeat until all animations have been clipped and re-exported.
Esenthel would that work / is it correct or is there something missing?
Hi, please wait for next SDK, it will feature "-added new method Animation::clip(Flt start_time, Flt end_time)"
which you can use in the codes:
anim.load
anim.clip
anim.save

(11-26-2011 09:29 PM)Brad_Mclain Wrote:  I find it strange that the recommended file format for models is DAE (according to the wiki) but from what I've read DAE does not seem to support multi track animations, which is the preferred method of animation in the engine.
Yes, dae does not support multi-track animations, lately FBX support was also added, and it does support multi-track animations, so you can try using it too.
11-27-2011 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abril Offline

(11-27-2011 04:04 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  
(11-25-2011 07:19 PM)Abril Wrote:  I see that the Animation class has a member animationkeys with a "clip" function. So I imagine one could load the model within EE with the single long animation, get the animation, then clip the animationkeys to the desired range and call Animation::save.
Reload the original model with the single big animation and repeat until all animations have been clipped and re-exported.
Esenthel would that work / is it correct or is there something missing?
Hi, please wait for next SDK, it will feature "-added new method Animation::clip(Flt start_time, Flt end_time)"
which you can use in the codes:
anim.load
anim.clip
anim.save

Thanks
11-28-2011 11:11 AM
Abril Offline

EE if I send you the code for this, can you add it to the Animation Tools dropdown list? It loads a .txt file with the animations, clips them and re-export.
I think would be very useful and convienient to some users (including me) if the funciontality to clip animations based on a text list was already inside the editor.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2011 10:35 AM by Abril.)
12-22-2011 01:57 PM
Kevin Offline

Any progess on this? Is it implemented in the editor already? I am asking because I have a bunch of non-splitted animated models here and I am thinking about moving back to esenthel for a project.
05-07-2012 09:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

not in the editor but you can do it in codes
05-10-2012 05:31 AM