About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Procedural Animation
krokodilcapa Offline

Procedural Animation
Hi guys!

I just started to work with Esenthel Engine, and I have to say I'm very impressed. I happy to see an engine, what have many possibilities like this. The only feature what I missing, is the Procedural Animations. I know maybe I could do myself, but I'm afraid I'm not enought good C++ programmer yet, to implement it myself, so I turn to this feature request thread, maybe someone get spirit to work on this, or even it will goes to roadmap.
Here is a little video from Overgrowth about this feature:
video

Best regards, krokodilcapa
06-11-2012 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Procedural Animation
Inverse kinematic is the term you want to use.
06-11-2012 08:35 PM
krokodilcapa Offline

I'm sure you're right, I'm don't really know much about animation systems. smile So that feature's base when character's positions "fit to terrain angles" is the IK?
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 09:06 PM by krokodilcapa.)
06-11-2012 09:06 PM
JonathonA Offline

Essentially yes that is what IK is about (type define: Inverse Kinematics in Google if you want more information on it). IK tutorial is in the roadmap I believe but that may take some time. Don't worry about not being a good enough cpp programmer because much of it is about the mathematical algorithms you write to do this.
06-11-2012 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply