About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel RTS
Ok- Offline

RE: Esenthel RTS
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 05:25 AM by Ok-.)
07-05-2012 05:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks a lot for the links. I indeed was surprised when hearing about crashes, because I did test the app on iPad 1 and iPhone 4, and iOS simulators (iphone/ipad ios 5.1) and it did pass the Apple App Review process, so I thought if it would crash on iPad 3 then Apple Review Team would detect it.
So maybe indeed it's fault on Apple side distributing corrupt binaries.
I will do some more online research about it, and contact Apple if necessary.
Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience, hope this will be resolved quickly.
I had bad timing with releasing the game on apple store smile
07-05-2012 11:32 AM
Ok- Offline

Glad to help. Looking forward to trying the game! On my iPhone now it says that it is no longer available to purchase when I try to install it. Odd, because I already purchased it. Hopefully will be fixed soon. This seems to be getting a lot of press now.
07-05-2012 10:26 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

probably Apple blocked buying/downloading corrupted apps. I did send them some emails about the issue, and also submitted new version of the game, with extra level and building type, just in case they need new version release to overwrite the corrupt previous one.
07-05-2012 10:36 PM
Ok- Offline

They fixed it, I can download on both devices and the game launches now. Now I am going to go play it smile
07-06-2012 04:27 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Awesome! smile
07-06-2012 12:45 PM
Ok- Offline

Great start, really impressed. Definitely reminds me of classic RTS games and I haven't seen one like it on ios. My unsolicited feedback - the game needs sound (music, sound fx, etc) -- only sound I get anywhere in the game is the sound when you build a building. Needs farms or some means of controlling how many people you can make....there is unlimited gold (as far as I can tell) so I was just building 100+ people and then go kill everything. Besides that just some little things liked maybe the ability to cancel training people, more status bars so you can see when a building will be complete or training will be complete, update some of the help screen stuff to remove PC specific language (for example, it's not possible to use a mouse on ios yet there are several references to it in the help/tutorial). Nice work, excited for future updates smile
07-06-2012 01:56 PM
Gian-Reto Offline

Had a test run.... looks nice.

Maybe the Fonts are a little bit too large on iPhones, if there is a Window with some Text in it, it blocks the whole Screen.... especially annoying during the tutorial...

The Big icons are a necessity and really good to use, but the text could be much smaller and would still be readable...

Other than that, certainly a throwback to the olden days... in a good way smile
07-06-2012 10:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for the opinions! Don't forget to rate on itunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/esenthel-rts/id539195552

Quote:ability to cancel training people
please hold the "deselection button" (from the selection bar) and then click on unit icon
Quote:more status bars so you can see when a building will be complete
it's already there, just select the building and you have additional bar on the bottom
Quote:training will be complete
there is "glow" effect arround the character icon, once it reaches the top, the unit is ready.
Quote:update some of the help screen stuff to remove PC specific language
yeah I will smile
07-07-2012 08:08 PM
Symbolic Offline

Are sounds and music functional in the PC source version? If so how to activate? I am playing the game but no sfx.

Thanks
08-29-2012 06:04 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

There is only one sound in entire game (placing a building).
I haven't added other sounds due to lack of time and people.
08-29-2012 01:28 PM
Marbasoft Offline

Hello,

I bought few days ago Esenthel RTS (android) and Esenthel Editor (android), but its seems theres some problem with my tablet ( you can find specs here, in french sorry pfft http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/fiche...uo-ct1010/ )

See the following screen to understand grin

[Image: rts1.jpg]

but with a screenshot with the tablet :
[Image: rts1.png]

I have the same problem with Esenthel Editor :'(

Hope you can help me grin
12-22-2012 12:32 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

Your screens gave me some ideas what could be the problem (this is definitely GPU Driver bug).

I'll prepare some test APK's and send you via PM in few minutes.

Edit: I've sent you 3 APK's on PM, please let me know if they work.
12-23-2012 01:17 PM