About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo

Possible Bug with the Data Server
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Possible Bug with the Data Server
When deleting files older than 10 or 30 days and reaching the size limit of the recycling bin, the Data Server simply hangs. It took me a bit to realize what was going on since I've been tracking this for a few months. it turns out that the Data Server hangs because it is unable to remove files into the recycling bin. I think an error should be thrown instead of just hanging.
06-23-2012 03:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Possible Bug with the Data Server
Thanks, I will investigate this
06-24-2012 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I did a test:
C: free 128 MB
D: free 649 MB

FRecycle on "D:/big files" folder which is 9 GB, and it moved the folder to recycle bin.
Maybe the problem is not with deleting files, but with creating new files when there is no room?
07-18-2012 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Hi Esenthel,

I don't think the total free space was the culprit (since the total drive still had over 1TB of free space).

I no longer encounter the error when I set the Recycling Bin to "Don't move files to the Recycling Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." I've also tested by increasing the Recycling Bin size but as you might've guessed, the Data Server performed faster when it didn't have to wait for files to be moved to the Recycling Bin, so I kept it that way for the drive I'm using with the Data Server sync files.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 05:46 PM by aceio76.)
07-18-2012 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply