About Store Forum Documentation Contact

code editor doesn't use correct VS version
yvanvds Offline

code editor doesn't use correct VS version
I tried to compile the tutorial examples for the code editor today. It doesn't work here. Here's what I did.

When I choose play, a progress bar in the upper right appears and stays at 20%. Nothing happens in the output window. The source files get created in _C++ Build_ though.

When I try 'Debug', VS just opens the Project.vcxproj file. It hints that some elements, like AdditionOptions and InlineFunctionExpansion are wrong. After a while i get a VS dialog box telling me "Invalid license data. Reinstall is required."

When I choose "open in visual studio" I get this dialog right away.

I am using VS2010 express and the license is ok. I can compile from within VS just fine.

A few other things that might have to do with it: I am using windows8 preview, and used to have VS2011 installed for a while. Perhaps it wrote some values to the registry that EE is not expecting?

I did reinstall VS and Esenthel, but that didn't help.

On my windows 7 laptop with VS2010 the tutorial compiles just fine. In both cased the visual studio path is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\, which seems ok.

Any ideas? (It's not urgent for me, I just wanted to check out the current status of the code editor.)

Regards,

yvan
06-25-2012 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: code editor doesn't use correct VS version
Hello, I think I would need to have Win8 installed to test this issue. But I'd prefer to wait until it's officially released to install it on my computer.
06-29-2012 02:40 PM
yvanvds Offline

You might want to know that the issue solved itself with the official release of windows 8. Just tested it and all is ok.
10-28-2012 01:14 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you, that's one of the reasons I don't like to support unreleased/beta platforms yet smile
11-07-2012 04:32 PM