About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Better documentation for company codes
Harton Offline

Better documentation for company codes
Hi,

I would ask for better documentation or additional tutorials explaining "how to use" codes from company license.
It is possible that many things are available only to my programmers can not find it. But at this point, the impression that a very large part of the code and it is tightly closed. : (

Best wishes
Arek
07-02-2012 06:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

RE: Better documentation for company codes
Elaborate, give examples.

Man, it's always that semicolon...
07-02-2012 06:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harton Offline

This post I sent after not finding the ability to access the waypoints deployed on the map. I can create or delete them, but I do not know how to get to them, check the list of all available.
We had similar problems with finding suitable objects on the map and selecting them.
It is possible that these are simple things, but not necessarily intuitive, despite the rather long engine knowledge.
A great idea was to create a tutorial to the basics of the engine. Super if will create the tutorials to use editor.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 11:27 PM by Harton.)
07-02-2012 11:25 PM
Zervox Offline

I can understand the waypoint accessing can be tricky, mostly all is private and the CreateWaypoint takes (vec) for each position, but delete takes waypoint object with which point in the array you'd like to remove, but objects are not at all a problem, it's almost exactly the same as accessing Game::Area for them.

but again you can always cut out the private waypoint array and move it into public.
07-03-2012 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harton Offline

I need to get access to a container with all waypoints on the map in Edit namespace. I want to create waypoints searcher for level designers. I'd be very grateful if you can show some code for getting to that waypoint container.
07-03-2012 03:26 PM