About Store Forum Documentation Contact

ImageAtlas Help
Rollcage Offline

ImageAtlas Help
When using the converter to make an imageatlas I am dragging multiple images onto the converter. This creates a imageatlas as expected and a settings file. Is there a way to edit the settings file? When I use my imageatlas ingame the images are too small.

Is there anything specific I need to know when using the converter to make an atlas

Thanks
07-11-2012 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: ImageAtlas Help
image atlas generates the images with the same resolution as the source images
for drawing them you should use Image::drawPart, and set custom scale.
07-11-2012 11:16 PM
Rollcage Offline

Thanks. What does the settings file contain? When i replace one of the atlas files and settings from esenthel rts with an atlas that is 32x64 an image part comes up at about 8x16 in game where as the old atlas (warrior) that is also 32x64 has each part showIng at 32x64 (scaled up)

When creating the images for my atlas they were individually 8x16 and the atlas generated was 32x64 which is the same as the warrior atlas in esenthel rts. Im just not sure why in the game the atlas part is showing as 8x16 whereas the warrior appears to scale up.

Hopefully you know what i mean.

Cheers
07-12-2012 12:14 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Please do not manually modify the contents of the *.atlas folder
settings file contains all the data you can see in the ImageAtlas c++ class.
ImageAtlas preserves image sizes/resolutions, but it removes all transparent borders from the source images.

Attaching 2 sample frames of animation.
Keep your anchor point in the center of original image (for Esenthel RTS, the anchor point is character feet, so you can notice that feet are located in each image center)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-12-2012 01:38 PM
Rollcage Offline

Thanks this is really helpful

EDIT
can you tell me what size atlas you use for esenthel RTS on android? 512 x 512? I'm just trying to determine performance and what size I should aim for.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 02:57 AM by Rollcage.)
07-12-2012 05:55 PM