About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Uploader Issue
hawksprite Offline

Uploader Issue
I've been having issues with the Uploader from the tools folder, Every time it gets to the point where it downloads the index I get an error saying "Can't allocate 1 610 612 736 bytes of memory". I've tried changing settings, moving the location locally and on the remote server with no success.

Any suggestions?
08-23-2012 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marbasoft Offline

RE: Uploader Issue
(08-23-2012 01:19 AM)hawksprite Wrote:  I've been having issues with the Uploader from the tools folder, Every time it gets to the point where it downloads the index I get an error saying "Can't allocate 1 610 612 736 bytes of memory". I've tried changing settings, moving the location locally and on the remote server with no success.

Any suggestions?

I already got this problem with the server compiled from the Ineisis project. I change the DX11 to DX9 and the problem was solved (but no gui on the server window). Some day later, i forgot to compile in DX9 and compile to DX11 and it worked again (and i now have a gui on the server window), don't know why...
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012 09:36 AM by Marbasoft.)
08-23-2012 09:35 AM
hawksprite Offline

Hmm, this shouldn't be much of an issue because I'm just using the FTP function of the uploader.
08-23-2012 01:21 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

This is probably due to the fact that LZMA is used for compression of files to upload, and it requires alot of memory.
Could you try making sure that your OS has enough Virtual Memory?
Go to System Properties\Advanced\Performance\Settings\Advanced\Virtual Memory
Let me know if that helps

Attached File(s) Image(s)

08-26-2012 02:06 PM
hawksprite Offline

I'm bumping up my paging file now.

After a quick reboot i'll post the results.
08-27-2012 12:34 AM
hawksprite Offline

Sorry it took me a while to respond i've been busy. I changed the page file and confirmed it was large enough to hold the file.

Still had the issue.
08-30-2012 01:24 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for the info, for now, for next SDK, I'll just disable multi_threading for LZMA compression (that should use bit less memory), if that still won't help, then I'll decrease compression level.
08-30-2012 03:28 PM
hawksprite Offline

Alright, thank you very much.
08-31-2012 02:32 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can try the latest SDK with the change applied
09-01-2012 01:41 PM
hawksprite Offline

I was in the process of moving and haven't been able to check on things for about a month.

I ran the auto updater and tried uploading it again. I still received the error for some reason.

I'm going to try a couple things and will post my results.
Not to get off topic but I've been really frustrated over an inventory issue i've been having.

In the MMO Source code the server adds items to the inventory with this line:
Code:
inv.items.New().create("Obj/item/weapon/Sword/1/0.obj");

However if I do the same thing client side when I go to view my inventory it locks up the whole thing. Is there something I'm missing?
For the FTP Dest Folder if I take out the first /, making it var/patch instead of /var/patch it uploads a couple files in the begging before inevitability throwing the error. But now the allocated memory size changes every time.
It seems to be working now, by removing the \ from the begging of the destination folder the uploader works.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 02:54 AM by hawksprite.)
09-14-2012 02:15 AM