About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis World Change Help
Ozmodian Offline

Ineisis World Change Help
Hi There,

I am new to this engine but am really enjoying it. I have studied most of the tutorials now and am starting out on my own and have already hit a road block.

With the way the Ineisis code loads the world (loading all areas instead of the world file) I am very confused on what I need to do if i want to change worlds. I have created a world in the world editor and am able to load it with the Different Worlds tutorial and want to do the same in the Ineisis code. What sort of things need to be "closed" out or removed from memory and what flags need to be set so the actor can go between the Ineisis world and my new world.

I know this is a very general question but, that is why this is the Beginner area right grin
08-02-2012 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JamesProctor Offline

RE: Ineisis World Change Help
Ineisis dynamically creates the world when the server starts. You can edit the world from with in the game like you can with MineCraft. You don't create it in the world editor!
08-02-2012 07:08 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Yes, that i know (and it is cool how Ineisis did it). What i want to do is use a different world that i have created in the editor and warp my character back and forth between that world and the Ineisis one.
08-02-2012 07:39 PM
JamesProctor Offline

You would have to do some fancy Server side coding in order to do that... It's possible just difficult... Not even completely sure how to go about doing it. I can't even get Ineisis to compile!
08-02-2012 07:45 PM
Ozmodian Offline

I had a really hard time getting it to compile until i un-installed Visual Studio 2012 and installed 2008. It worked like a charm in 2008.
08-02-2012 08:17 PM