About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Getting Ineisis to work on Mac
oeginc Offline

Getting Ineisis to work on Mac
I'm doing development on a Macbook Pro, Mac Pro, and Linux. I purchased the source for Ineisis online to see if it will suite my needs, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

I can see that it's pretty much all Esenthel Script, and I've heard I can convert it to C++ and/or Xcode compatible C++ using the editor, but how do I run it normally?

I would expect that I need to compile something that links with the Esenthel library that basically loads the Esenthel Script stuff and runs it, but I can't find any C/C++ source a nywhere...

Thanks in advance,
-- Rob
08-05-2012 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Getting Ineisis to work on Mac
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please right-click on the Application in the Code Editor project view, and select "Export/C++ with Xcode compatibility"

Code editor should generate the c++ files and open the folder containing them in the System File Explorer.
Those C++ files should be manually drag and dropped to an empty Xcode project and compiled from there.
08-05-2012 09:13 PM
oeginc Offline

Ok, I will try that... If the end result I am looking for is binaries on Windows, Mac, and Linux - what would your suggested workflow be? Develop in Esenthel Script on Windows and then do a C++ export to build for Linux and Mac? Or just do a C++ export now at the beginning, and code in C++ for all platforms - maybe make a CMakefile for compiling?
08-06-2012 10:56 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Esenthel does not support Linux platform.
Personally I prefer programming on Windows using Code Editor, once an application is ready for release I just export it to xcode C++.
08-06-2012 01:48 PM