About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World editor - map size
Marcoso Offline

World editor - map size
Hi, I´ve downloaded a free version of Esenthel Engine and I tried to make a first, simple map. I am not sure about a map size. The maximum area size is 128 meters. Does it mean, that one square is 128 x 128 meters big?

The other thing I would like to know... When I choose the area size of map 128, there is a 9*9 squares big map (1152*1152 meters). Am I right, that 1152 is the lenght of map in meters? I think it´s not so much. Some games require bigger maps...for example a racing game needs the map more than 3000 meters long. Is it possible to create bigger maps when creating with the paid SDK version (commercial license) ?

Thank you very much smile
08-27-2012 09:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: World editor - map size
Welcome to the forums!

For the area size: Yes, 1 area is 1 tile in the editor.

For the total map size: The size you say is correct BUT you can make bigger maps. The white square you see is just what is currently being rendered on your screen. Press/hold space and move your mouse to move the view around.
You can also increase the size in "View/Area Radius" at the cost of performance and memory.
08-27-2012 09:58 PM
Marcoso Offline

Thank you very much for a fast reply! I'll try that today smile
08-28-2012 06:14 AM
Marcoso Offline

Well, on the Esenthel website there is an information, that World Builder supports unlimited sized worlds or something like that. When setting the Area Radius, there are only few options, but nothing unlimited. I don´t need so big map, I just want to know it clearly. smile
08-28-2012 08:07 PM
Dwight Offline

Although the engine supports the unlimited maps, imagine the following:

If you have unlimited data... you would need an unlimited hard-drive to store the data, correct? To view an unlimited area, you would have to have unlimited rendering capacity, correct? pfft

Hence the limitations that are placed smile
08-28-2012 08:52 PM
Marcoso Offline

Nicely said.. grin
08-28-2012 08:56 PM