About Store Forum Documentation Contact

RPG 2 on mac
jonny2027 Offline

RPG 2 on mac
Hi Everyone.

I am having a few issues trying to integrate the RPG source code with the example Mac tutorial.

I have moved the source and resource but i get the following error. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

In file included from /Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/Main.h:18,
from /Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:3:
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/Door.h:3: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
In file included from /Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/Main.h:19,
from /Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:3:
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/Torchiere.h:7: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:137: error: expected `}' at end of input
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:137: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:137: error: expected `}' at end of input
/Users/Pegasus/Development/Ethenthel Engine/RPG Games/Tutorials/Source/AI.cpp:137: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
Also, can someone tell me where i put the license key for the RPG Source code

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 01:24 PM by jonny2027.)
09-03-2012 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: RPG 2 on mac
Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've reuploaded Esenthel RPG 2 sources to the store, could you download them and try again.

For Esenthel RPG 2 you don't need to type the license key anywhere, valid license key is a legal proof that you've purchased the source code.
09-03-2012 02:48 PM
jonny2027 Offline

Hi,

Thats fantastic. I will give it a go now.

Many thanks
09-03-2012 02:52 PM
jonny2027 Offline

Hi,

I have managed to get the RPG code running and most of it loads e.g loading screens, character screens etc but the mouse cursor is missing and it complains that it cannot load the maps even though they are in the same directory.

Have you got any pointers or can you send me a zipped Xcode project with the RPG code running

Thanks

Jonathan
09-05-2012 04:40 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Did you check the instructions in Esenthel Store?
Quote:Run the SDK Editor, change Data Path to "Esenthel RPG 2\Data", load and rebuild the worlds
09-05-2012 05:48 PM
jonny2027 Offline

Ok i think i have done that correctly. Can you tell me how i load and rebuild the worlds? I have opened up the program called Editor in the Tools directory and pointed it to the Data directory, do i need to do anything else. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Jonathan
09-06-2012 01:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

First make sure that "Data Path" in Editor (use Menu\About to get current Editor Data Path) points to the "Data" folder of Esenthel RPG 2

Then switch to World Editor, and for both worlds:
-load world (from menu)
-menu "World\Build\Clean all and build all"
09-06-2012 02:25 PM
jonny2027 Offline

Fantastic. Thanks

Is it possible to build the RTS project on a mac?
09-06-2012 02:30 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Yes, Esenthel RTS works on all 4 platforms (Win Mac iOS Android), however it's in Code Editor project, you will need to open it from Code Editor and Export there to Xcode compatible C++ and drag and drop the sources to Xcode in order to compile for Mac or iOS.
09-07-2012 09:39 PM