Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
lol...thats funny Rollcage.
03-01-2013 02:44 PM
Sherincall Offline

(03-01-2013 01:27 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  -get J (trainee) visa, that's only for 18 months, can't be taken second time in the same field of specialty/work

Not that it'll do much good, but you can get it again in the same field. Went there last year, going again this year, same company. The total time for me is less than 18 months, but I know someone who's had it for more than that.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 02:52 PM by Sherincall.)
03-01-2013 02:49 PM
rstralberg Offline

Esenthel.
Please stay in Poland and continue your great work or at least stay in Europe.
You won't gain anything by going to conventions, just keep doing what you are doing and EE will grow
as a stable and good thing.

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
03-01-2013 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

rstralberg, I understand your sentiment, but if he was to go to GDC SF(even just on a visitor visa), he would expose Esenthel to much more than 20,000 people in the gaming industry, not to mention several thousand indy developers who have the indy games conference on the next floor up. This is a potential game changer.

As for moving to the US-the citizenship thing is a pain in the backside. It might be worth consulting an immigration attorney or something similar. There may be a way to circumvent the huge fee by applying for standard citizenship, then just paying Polish + US taxes on any income until full citizenship is granted. Speculation, but it's possible.
The USA is having a hard time right now, but I still think it's better than most as far as opportunities. California has a large concentration of game and tech companies, but also a very high tax rate and cost of living. My recommendation, should things progress that far, would be to hang out across the border in Oregon(nice scenery!), Nevada(Next door to area 51!), or Arizona(Wonderfully warm climate!).
03-01-2013 03:47 PM
rstralberg Offline

Yes, of course you are right. I was just trying to say that he's making a great work as it is and and the same time try to be a little Europe-Patriotic. It was not to serious smile

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
03-01-2013 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paviii Offline

I'll take the sarcastic approach.

There are 13 million "illegals" in the US most from South American countries currently living here. The government is currently looking at immigration reform. So, really Greg just needs to sneak in, work on a mobile computing setup and stay a couple steps ahead of ICE. Then he just needs to hope that they grant amnesty to those already in the country. I am sure Greg will only be in a quasi limbo status for 4 - 8 years based on the current speed of the US government.

Perhaps you should just wait it out in Poland.
03-01-2013 10:59 PM
Rubeus Offline

(03-01-2013 11:16 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  It's true that US is in turmoil. Maybe EE should just try to go the other silicon/gamedev valley of the world, which is Ontario Canada? grin

If you were trying to be an Abraham Lincoln, would you be happy with being a generic top hat?

Didn't think so.

:-P
03-02-2013 12:31 AM
Dalmat Offline

One does not need to go to US to develop, but to sell, that is a different story..
You could open up a corp there, by using a law firm to open in up in your name and setting up a mailbox somewhere.. people do that and it doesn't cost much.. (couple of thousands per year) it would be better to find an affiliate that would sell and promote it in the US and eventually you would find your way..
03-04-2013 09:46 AM
candam Offline

Immigration to the United States of America is very difficult and many ways, but you can try to find an american to help you be there smile
03-05-2013 11:50 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-01-2013 10:59 PM)paviii Wrote:  There are 13 million "illegals" in the US most from South American countries currently living here. The government is currently looking at immigration reform. So, really Greg just needs to sneak in, work on a mobile computing setup and stay a couple steps ahead of ICE. Then he just needs to hope that they grant amnesty to those already in the country. I am sure Greg will only be in a quasi limbo status for 4 - 8 years based on the current speed of the US government.
Undercover programmer? lol
haha, love it
03-06-2013 12:23 AM
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

I just upgraded to 2.0 now that it is out of alpha, there are a lot of issues transferring from 1.0, but the biggest for me is that 2.0 seems to encrypt everything (including filenames). I use mercurial for version control (of both media files and code) and EE 2.0 seems to make 3rd party version control impossible?

More nitpicky stuff:

Also billboarding options in "model edit" are gone, along with the ability to tweak animations on a per-bone level.

Having to double click on code files to load them rather than single click is a downgrade imo.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 05:17 AM by Fex.)
03-06-2013 04:14 AM
gwald Offline

(03-06-2013 04:14 AM)Fex Wrote:  I use mercurial for version control (of both media files and code) and EE 2.0 seems to make 3rd party version control impossible?
I think you'll need to start again and check everything in as a new project.

The files are hash coded file names, not encrypted, so you can check everything as normal.

(03-06-2013 04:14 AM)Fex Wrote:  Also billboarding options in "model edit" are gone, along with the ability to tweak animations on a per-bone level.

I asked about the model/skel/animation editor for v2.. I doubt it'll happen.

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 06:01 AM by gwald.)
03-06-2013 05:58 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
I've added billboard lod generation to the roadmap.
I'll try to make one click to open source code for next release.
Please don't count on animation editor in the nearest future, just make your anims in 3d programs such as 3ds max maya blender.
Esenthel 2.0 has its own server which is the best solution for collaborative development, unfortunately it does not yet provide version controlling (restoring old versions of existing files). I'll add this to the roadmap.
You can try using 3rd party version control systems, just grab file id from element properties and restore file from both edit and game folders, although this is not officially tested or supported.
03-06-2013 11:59 AM
Palaxe Offline

(03-01-2013 10:59 PM)paviii Wrote:  I'll take the sarcastic approach.

There are 13 million "illegals" in the US most from South American countries currently living here. The government is currently looking at immigration reform. So, really Greg just needs to sneak in, work on a mobile computing setup and stay a couple steps ahead of ICE. Then he just needs to hope that they grant amnesty to those already in the country. I am sure Greg will only be in a quasi limbo status for 4 - 8 years based on the current speed of the US government.

Perhaps you should just wait it out in Poland.

Not only that... If you Sneak in here you will get, only taxed for 2 years if the immigration bill passes and not only that you get... roll the dice,
Free emergency visits, Don't need to pay any insurance or need to worry about a drivers licence. you will get discounts on all education including collage and much more...
Don't wait come over today.
Haha.. I'm in Western U.S. and he's right, they come over by the millions. You might as well too!
03-12-2013 11:06 PM