About Store Forum Documentation Contact

MMO SOURCE MAC
Rizzen Offline

MMO SOURCE MAC
Hi,

I'm new with Esenthel Engine and on the forum. I'm trying it to see if this Engine is avaible for the games I want te create. pfft
It's look good, and I saw that there is a MMO SOURCE CODE for beginners with some functions which are really interesting ! So I bought it to try and I followed the " tutorial " ... At the last step, when I need to re-compile the Client and the Server ... It doesn't work ... It must be compiled with Visual C++ but I'm on a MAC, I tried with Xcode and with Code::Blocks but nothing work ... So I hoped that you could help me ! And first, I hope that this Source Code is working on MAC.

Thank's in advance. And sorry for my English ... I'm French and the languages aren't my greatest talent. smile
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 10:12 AM by Rizzen.)
08-25-2012 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: MMO SOURCE MAC
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Esenthel MMO does work with Mac.

Please use a sample Xcode project from the Esenthel SDK for Mac, Tutorials folder.

And then just drag and drop the files from MMO.
For client you need to include Client and Shared sources
For server you need to include Server and Shared sources

Attached File(s) Image(s)

08-25-2012 04:20 PM
Rizzen Offline

Oh ... Ok thanks a lot ! It's perfect wink
And I have an other question, how can we get the IOS SDK ? When you buy thé license, you get a link to the app on the App Store ? Because I think that it's really a good thing ! So I wait for your respond. smile
08-28-2012 11:00 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Once you purchase the Personal/Company license, you can download the SDK's from the Esenthel Store, product page, Download Tab.
08-29-2012 01:31 PM
ksubox Offline

Can't make it works !!!!

Just now bought MMO sources, downloaded, built with Visual Studio 2010 and run from Paralle's Desktop 7.

But failed with Mountain Lion/xcode 4.5. I try to reproduce steps:
1. I downloaded & updated Esenthel SDK for mac, added cg framework to project, built and run several tutorials without any problem.
2. Excluded tutorial source code, included server+shared and built server.app
3. Excluded server code, included client and built client.app
4. Started server, connected with client, try to register new user - Error - Can't load "obj/chr/warrior/0.obj", server crashed. I believed because of wrong engine.pak, so
5. I tried to start editor and rebuild engine.pak from Esenthel MMO resources, but editor permanently crashed when I try to switch to tab world..., then
6. I copied engine.pak from Windows (from Parallel's) and try to use it, but got another - Error - Can't load "world/mmo.world/Game/Waypoint/start"
7. Then I decided to stop attempts and ask Esenthel: "HOW TO WORK WITH THIS SOURCES FROM CURRENT OSX 10.8 WITH CURRENT XCODE 4.5" ?
And one more question: I feel something wrong with cursor - it looks like cursor has been cut from head...
09-22-2012 06:22 AM
Zervox Offline

The above "Can't load object" has nothing to do with sources, well except that it is trying to load something which isn't in the correct path, from what I can see you haven't copied the the data.pak to the correct folder which comes with the MMO source.

the errors you post are pretty obvious.

Quote:7. Then I decided to stop attempts and ask Esenthel: "HOW TO WORK WITH THIS SOURCES FROM CURRENT OSX 10.8 WITH CURRENT XCODE 4.5" ?
By reading through the code to find out why it gives you load errors.
09-22-2012 08:47 AM
ksubox Offline

Thank you for reply!
For me it's also clear - problem is in resources (actually I guess it's probably in .pak), so I tried to read carefully instruction from store:

Installation:
Extract the Game Data and Sources to the same folder on your disk
Copy the "engine.pak" file from "SDK\Data" to "Esenthel MMO\Data"
Copy all Physx Dll's from "SDK\Installation\PhysX" to "Esenthel MMO\Bin"
Run the SDK Editor, change Data Path to "Esenthel MMO\Data", load and rebuild the worlds

So I copied engine.pak from SDK/Data to Esenthel MMO/Data and opened with Editor, but when I click tab "World" Editor always crashes, so I can't load and rebuild world (and probably I can't make right .pak???)

Any ideas how to make it on OSX 10.8 ?
09-22-2012 02:03 PM
ksubox Offline

Probably I'm absolute stupid man, but after several attempts can't make MMO sources works on OSX :(

I tried to debug, and concluded - problems are in resources, but unfortunately I don't understand how to mix in OSX SDK resources with MMO resources. So I guessed it's possible to manipulate somehow Data directory:
1. Tried to use only MMO resources with engine.pak from OSX SDK - failed
2. Tried to override MMO resources with OSX SDK - failed
3. Tried to override OSX SDK with MMO resources - this probably most advanced result I could get:
If I just try to copy MMO resources over OSX SDK it doesn't work, but if I regenerate world on Windows and put in Data on mac I got error with Phyx.

If somebody built and run MMO on OSX 10.8, please help...
And still I didn't find any way to edit MMO world on my OSX 10.8 - Editor always crashes :(
09-23-2012 03:08 AM