About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis Online
mak-k Offline

Ineisis Online
Kind day, at me a question on Ineisis Online. The server part is how well realized? Whether it is possible to use it as a basis for the project (or it is necessary to write the server code (I mean not logic or game processing, and directly a network)). On what technology the network in this example (the client server is realized?)
09-25-2012 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

RE: Ineisis Online
The server is very clearly written. It is not complete however - (you can login multiple connections to same account/character for instance). It is also a single threaded TCP based system which has some n^2 calculations. As a result your are probably looking at 200-400 max players on a server at one time. If you want more than that your are going to need more "under the hood" changes. The network code that is there is very solid by my testing, great NAT transversal and built in interpolation that is AAA quality. It is nothing more than the built in connection class that is a standard part of the engine.

It is an excellent starting point and well worth the money, it is a much better starting point for a multiplayer game than the EsenthelMMO source code.
10-07-2012 01:51 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

just side note: n^2 calculations are very few, and are limited only to nearest neighbors (not all clients).
I am positive the server can support thousands of players.
10-07-2012 10:46 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I don't have any statistics, but I can tell that during public Esenthel MMO testing, and with Ineisis Online testing, there was only up to 10-20 players online at a time, and even then system usage (cpu+network) was way below 1% usage.
10-09-2012 01:10 PM
hendrik44 Offline

Please Can somebody Give me tutorial for instal Ineisis on Linux server + Apache + MySQL Server....
I plane to rent VPS but in wiki there is just tutorial for IIS and SMTP...
can I use Apache and POP3 ?
12-25-2012 03:03 PM
cmontiel Offline

Linux isn't supported.

IRC: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #Esenthel
12-25-2012 06:10 PM
Skykill Offline

You can use http://express.ikoula.co.uk/flex-server if you want cheap Windows server VPS i was using a level 4 for more then one year and was pretty happy with it (my code is based on the Ineisis server). You need to adapt the MSSQL table and the code in SQL.cpp if you want to use MySQL also.
12-25-2012 10:21 PM
hendrik44 Offline

thank Skykill but I want VPS bassed in my country,... and the diferent between linux and windows is around $10 / mont...

that why if ther is a way to install ineisis in linux server that will help me so much...
12-26-2012 05:26 AM
Skykill Offline

It's up to you if don't want a VPS in another county then your, it's just the best quality/price i have found for Windows based VPS, Windows licence cost lot less for VPS instead of dedicated server because they have licence per core or something like that and not per virtual machine (also know that one http://www.hosteurope.de/Server/Virtual-Server/ but they are less powerful).
I have already tell you all you can do (i'm out of idea pfft), if you realy need a Linux server, you can investigate in a full recode of the server with a library like RakNet (but it will be probably too much work and i don't know if it will work well with world data). I don't know if it's possible without graphical interface, but maybe Wine could work? Else you can also pay Esenthel for the Linux port, but i think it will cost quite wink.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 06:08 AM by Skykill.)
12-26-2012 06:02 AM
fuzzylr Offline

I'd hate to see the bill on a port to Linux. Once I finish school I was thinking about Porting just the server pieces to Linux because I'm not a huge fan of Windows. I could get a beefy server and host it myself for much less that I could pay a hosting company.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
01-04-2013 01:45 AM