About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Lightmaps for AO
Shatterstar Offline

Lightmaps for AO
I am requesting that Esenthel makes a button in the Material Editor that makes a lightmap for your model, just like it can make a bump map for you. that way it will help with Ambient Occlusion within the game. I already use the Ambient Occlusion from code, but i would like to be able to make a lightmap texture within the Material Editor. Will this ever be possible in Esenthel?
10-28-2012 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Lightmaps for AO
A lightmap would depend on the lights in your scene, no?

Unless you mean an ambient occlusion map? It'll look a lot nicer if you bake that yourself in a 3D modeling application.
10-28-2012 07:11 PM
Dynad Offline

You can indeed create AO maps easily in a 3D program (3dsmax) and apply e.g Photoshop that on your base color texture.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 09:33 PM by Dynad.)
10-28-2012 09:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

well, i've seen tutorials on youtube on how to do it in 3d studio max. it looks simple enough. but i can't figure it out in blender. I can make the texture map, but i have no idea how to export my texture out of blender. I've been getting really frustrated with blender because, for one, can't figure it out, and two, I havent found a tutorial that will show me how to do it. All i want to do is export my lightmap out of blender so that i can open it up in gimp or photoshop. then i could get it into esenthel. If anybody knows how to do it through blender and could help me, then that would be great. if anybody knows of any good tutorials on how to export lightmaps from blender and could post a link, that would be awesome as well. thanks for reading my post guys.
10-28-2012 09:42 PM
Grabonito Offline

UV/Image Editor -> Key F3
AO Blender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9QvYMrNYMk
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 10:45 PM by Grabonito.)
10-28-2012 10:43 PM
Shatterstar Offline

thank you Granbonito. i have to say this is one of the most active communities for a game engine. Ive tried several other game engines, and most game engines don't have this good of a community. thanks again. this is what i was looking for.
10-28-2012 11:39 PM