About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
345$/mo

Ordering of UI elements
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Ordering of UI elements
It seems that the last patch changed the behavior of how elements are ordered (when layered). For example, when I have a Button that is placed on top of an Image element, the Button re-adjusts itself to be behind the Image element, even if I changed the order (ctrl-pgup/pgdn) of the elements properly in the Gui Editor.

Sure I can "fix" it by writing code to change the proper order, but I don't believe this is the intended way. The UI elements should keep their order as saved from the editor.

Ps. I make extensive use of the Image element to put decorative cutouts behind other elements like buttons and textboxes, but the order seem to keep rearranging.

Esenthel, can you please investigate?

Thanks,
11-12-2012 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Ordering of UI elements
The bug should be fixed in last release, you should now always have the same order as in Gui Editor while editing.
Are you still experiencing any issues?
If so, please attach .gobj file, steps to reproduce the problem
11-13-2012 03:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Since you mentioned that, I went and investigated further.

It looks like the issue is with my custom Editor. Any of the regular editors work fine. Doing a recompile of the partial editor does not fix the problem. Do I have to re-download the partial-editor code? Do I have to manual apply my changes?
11-13-2012 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Every time a new engine SDK is released you should also update the Editor.lib from partial source package.
11-17-2012 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Awesome, thanks! That's simple enough to do.
11-17-2012 04:55 PM