About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Many Textures = 1 Object ?
zyzix Offline

Many Textures = 1 Object ?
Hello!

I have a question about the Mesh Editor: I loaded a Wavefront OBJ File sucessfully in it. The Object has 2 Textures. These Textures are displayed in the Mesh Editor - after a little editing i save it and load it up in the World editor, but after loading it into the World editor i only see 1 Texture to the Object applied. How is it done to see more Material Files applied on 1 Object ? I've searched and trief for hours now and no success...

I really like the Engine, the tools are stable and you can prototype very fast in VS2009, consider a purchase smile
05-21-2009 11:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Many Textures = 1 Object ?
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Esenthel Engine smile

I'm guessing that you're setting also the Material for the Object in World Editor?

The "Material" property for the object (in World Editor) really means "Overriding Material" (you can see the description of it when you hold the mouse on the Textline of the Material) which will Override the default materials of the mesh.

This means that you don't need to set the "Material" in the object properties window, but only "Mesh" which is enough.

Let me know if you'll need more help about it.
05-21-2009 11:33 PM
zyzix Offline

Ah okay! I've got now my mesh fully textured if i don't use any Material file Property in the World Editor.
Which leads me to my question how it's possible to add more materials (say dds or tga) in one Material file ? Didn't figure this out yet. Thanks for your help!
05-22-2009 01:04 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Quote:how it's possible to add more materials (say dds or tga) in one Material file ?
you don't add multiple materials to a material.

But you can create multiple materials (each with its own texture), and then assign each material to a different Mesh Part in the Mesh Editor.
05-22-2009 10:13 AM