About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Limits of the UI editor
MutantLizard Offline

Limits of the UI editor
Hello! I basically have one question and I'm not sure if it has already been asked or if my question is good or event worth asking.

Say I want to make an inventory screen but I have designed something inside photoshop that works outside the bounds of the GUI skin system in the editor. Am I able to just take a background image and place buttons, item slots and tables inside that or must I use the skin system in the editor? How flexible (or limiting) is the GUI editor is basically my question...

Hope I can get an answer soon! ^_^ thanks!
11-20-2012 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Limits of the UI editor
Hi, yes you can use an image as the background of a gui object.
You can create window (inventory window) then place buttons/images/slots inside.
the background of the window can be set by either its GuiStyle or by Image covering the whole window area.
11-30-2012 02:01 PM
MutantLizard Offline

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure how extensive the editor was and I couldn't find much elsewhere. I appreciate the help. ^_^
11-30-2012 04:37 PM
Biga Offline

Didnt want start a new topic again, maybe my question fits here.
I dont find listbox in UI editor. We probably will use a lot of lists in our game, so it would be fine to design them in editor.
Or should I put this into Feature Requests area?

thanks,
Gabor
04-29-2014 01:40 PM
TBJokers Offline

(04-29-2014 01:40 PM)Biga Wrote:  Didnt want start a new topic again, maybe my question fits here.
I dont find listbox in UI editor. We probably will use a lot of lists in our game, so it would be fine to design them in editor.
Or should I put this into Feature Requests area?

thanks,
Gabor

Lists are programmed from a Region, please take a look at the List tutorial, or the inventory tutorial it will give you the idea of how it'll work.
04-29-2014 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biga Offline

You misunderstood me, I didnt mean programatically. From code, it is fine.
I was curious how it works in the GUI Editor, as the GUI part of game will make an artist, not a coder.
04-29-2014 06:19 PM