About Store Forum Documentation Contact

PathObstacle error after latest update
fatcoder Offline

PathObstacle error after latest update
Just updated to the latest version and spent some time upgrading everything without much trouble. Except I have one last compile error that I cannot seems to solve.

Code:
error C2783: 'void EE::PathObstacle::operator =(const EE::PathObstacle &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'UNUSED'    c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 11.0\vc\include\esenthelengine\memory\cache.h

Double clicking the error is VS just takes me to line 138 in cache.h so I have no idea where in my code this could be coming from. I've checked all places in my code where I'm using PathObstacle and cannot find any problems. There is nothing in the version history that indicates a change to this.

Any ideas?
01-30-2013 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: PathObstacle error after latest update
Hi,

PathObstacle has NO_COPY_CONSTRUCTOR in the header, which means it does not have copy contructor or operator=
you can't do:
PathObstacle a,b;
a=b;

If it did not generate compile error in the past, it means I've forgotten to mark the classs as NO_COPY_CONSTRUCTOR before.
01-30-2013 01:20 PM
fatcoder Offline

I suspected that was the case based on the error. The problem is, I am not doing that (i.e. a=b) anywhere in my code with a PathObstacle, so I'm a bit confused.

Just checked through my code again, the only thing I do with the PathObstacle is call create() and del() and get its shape().
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 01:35 PM by fatcoder.)
01-30-2013 01:31 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

if you have:
struct A
{
PathObstacle po;
};

A a,b;
a=b;
it will fail too

the error comes from vc\include\esenthelengine\memory\cache.h
so the PathObstacle must be stored somehow in element that is stored in a cache?
01-30-2013 01:42 PM