About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo

Esenthel Editor 2.0
fuzzylr Offline

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
(01-03-2013 12:40 AM)yvanvds Wrote:  When running a server on a virtual machine, it's not unusual to have DirectX problems. The virtual environment just doesn't support it. If you really want to persist, look into the swiftshader software. Be warned though, if you use a virtual hosting company swiftshader will allow the server to work, but it will take up a lot of resources, compared to other hosts on the same machine. They shut one of my servers down because of that.

Anyway, wouldn't it be better to move this part of the discussion to the support thread? I might be wrong, but I think that most of us are subscribed to this topic because it was about announcements and 2.0 in general.

Thank, XenServer allows for an ATI or Nvidia graphics card to be passed through to a virtual machine. It's a 1 for 1 match. So if you get like a blade server with a blade full of gpu's you can pass the gpu through to many VM's as you have GPU's. In my case I have a gpu installed but it's not passing through. I feel it might have something to do with the age of the motherboard. I really need to buy a server class board now. Now that School is in full switch and I am committing to an engine and programming and getting more people involved. I should invest into a serious box.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
01-04-2013 01:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Yes, XenServer (and many versions of Xen) allow 1 to 1 GPU passthrough. A good, albeit limiting, feature of XenServer. Sounds like you know your virtualization stuff well. Do you work with Citrix much?
01-04-2013 02:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fuzzylr Offline

I am a citrix Engineer. I am going to school for Game development through westwood online. When I am done I want to swap careers.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
01-04-2013 02:13 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've used http://iweb.com/ for win dedicated server, but it's pretty expensive, >=85$ per month
01-06-2013 10:56 PM