About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis Online SQL Error
jjcorp88 Offline

Ineisis Online SQL Error
Hello,

I'm trying to setup the Ineisis Server on my local computer and I keep getting the message "can't connect to Accounts Database".

This is what I have:

if(!SqlAccounts.connectMSSQL("WIN8-BDPC\SQLEXPRESS", "Accounts"))Exit("Can't connect to Accounts Database");

I have the Accounts and Payments in the MSSQL Databases, I have also tried localhost with no success.

It is using Windows Authentication, not SQL Server Authentication.

The code doesn't show the sql username and/or password, is this a common thing? Or should I add the username and password, and if yes. What do I add to the code?

if(!SqlAccounts.connectMSSQL("JONS-BDPC\SQLEXPRESS", "Accounts", "username", "password"))Exit("Can't connect to Accounts Database");
01-06-2013 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skykill Offline

RE: Ineisis Online SQL Error
Isn't "username", "password" that you need to change pfft?
01-06-2013 10:12 AM
Zervox Offline

Quote:The code doesn't show the sql username and/or password, is this a common thing? Or should I add the username and password, and if yes. What do I add to the code?

if(!SqlAccounts.connectMSSQL("JONS-BDPC\SQLEXPRESS", "Accounts", "username", "password"))Exit("Can't connect to Accounts Database");
to connect to the MSSQL db you need to log in with your SQL user that owns the db.
When setting up the sql express you created some form of 'root' user, use this to connect to the MSSQL db.

eg

if(!SqlAccounts.connectMSSQL("JONS-BDPC\SQLEXPRESS", "Accounts", "root", "myawesomerootpassword"))Exit("Can't connect to Accounts Database");
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 10:51 AM by Zervox.)
01-06-2013 10:48 AM
jjcorp88 Offline

I have tried that Zervox, no luck.

http://i45.tinypic.com/10wtxs8.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/11w3513.png

If only the error was more specific than "can't connect to accounts db"

Any other solution?

Thank you.
01-06-2013 05:35 PM
jjcorp88 Offline

(01-06-2013 05:41 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  Well, you are using Windows Authentication. Change it to SQL Authentication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247931

Much of the issues you are having now isn't related to EE but specific to the DBMS you are using, so I suggest getting some background info on the DBMS of choice (MSSQL in this case) and understand how applications attach/connect to databases within it.

It is using both (mixed connections), no matter which one I use EE doesn't connect to it.
01-06-2013 06:37 PM
jjcorp88 Offline

It works now, I'm using JONS-BDPC since I have Microsoft SQL 2012 Enterprise, not sqlexpress.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 05:45 PM by jjcorp88.)
01-19-2013 05:44 PM