About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo

Editor source, importing heightmaps
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

Editor source, importing heightmaps
I am curious how I can use the Heightmap importer directly for a single area through the custom mode.
01-23-2013 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Editor source, importing heightmaps
Hi, did you search the forum? I think this topic was covered somewhere in the past.
It involves calling:
Area.setChanged();
Area.hmCreate();
Area.heightmap()->...
Area.hmChanged();
01-27-2013 10:28 PM
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

Well, I am using the heightmap importer through the custom node(I don't like rewriting code when the functionality is already there). what I'd like to know how would I make the heightmap generated from it automatically merge the terrain edges to its neighbours. I create each image for each area individually, after this is done I have to manually use the heightmap tool smooth function or any terrain editing function on the created terrain to make the merge with their neighbours.
01-27-2013 11:09 PM
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

How does EE heightmap brush tools handle merge terrain edges when areas have different height on their edges?

another question I have is, how come if I create 4 areas with the exact same settings, causes them to have a different height scale on their edges compared to neighbouring area and if I use heightmap tools they can on occasion cause creases/stepped edges on a smooth hill if the difference in height is too large.

but if I merge export these heightmaps and merge them in photoshop and import them to the same amount of areas they are perfectly linked between eachother?
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 01:46 PM by Zervox.)
01-29-2013 01:44 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You need to set the edge/border pixel height values of 2 heightmaps to the same values.

[A][B]
A B are 2 heightmaps
set right vertexes of A to be the same as the left vertexes of B
01-30-2013 01:22 PM