About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Embeding models into the World Builder
Pixelverse Offline

Embeding models into the World Builder
Hi, I have tried several different ways to create caverns and dungeons, etc without having load zones.

The only way I have figured out how to do this is to leave a blank plane in the world builder map as detailed in the screenshots below. I am just curious if this is the only way to accomplish this task and if so is there a way to grid off the plane that was deleted so I could delete a smaller face to push or embed the models in.

Thanks
grin

[Image: 5-1.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

Example of use:

[Image: 9.jpg]

Thanks again for reviewing, loving the new editor build.
05-15-2009 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Embeding models into the World Builder
Hi,

Wow, the last screen looks great.

Well you can also remove smaller heightmap faces (not only the whole Area 32x32 meters)

For this you'd need to assign a NULL material (no material) on the heightmap - press DEL on the Material Brush material list to set NULL material, select it with LMB, then paint it on the heightmap.

In the menu unselect "View/Heightmaps with no material" to disable drawing of the heightmaps with no material set.

This way in the building process the selected faces will not be included in the final mesh.

As for the other questions - there is no automatic heightmap aligning according to mesh shape or removing faces from mesh interiors.
05-16-2009 11:11 AM
Pixelverse Offline

Re: Embeding models into the World Builder
Awesome thanks I will give that a try today. Thanks again for the quick reply.
05-16-2009 02:48 PM