About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel 2.0 out of memory
fuzzylr Offline

Esenthel 2.0 out of memory
Hey, I was messing around with a buddy. We were working in the engine at the same time and I kept getting errors. Here is the error message that kept popping up for me. I was the only one getting the message.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
02-11-2013 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xzessmedia Offline

RE: Esenthel 2.0
hi,
if you expect a quick answer you should provide more inormations..

how much ram do you have, which os and so on

i would bet on the free ram you have left

Royality Free Game Ressources
www.xzessmedia.de
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 09:00 AM by xzessmedia.)
02-11-2013 08:51 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Yes, could you post your system spec, how much ram, is the os 64 bit?
What things did you do with the editor?
Can you attach screenshot from the editor?
Did you work on big worlds?
How much memory did the editor used? You can check this by running windows task manager
02-11-2013 10:35 AM
fuzzylr Offline

Ram 8 Gigs
CPU 6 Cores
Windows 7 x 64

It was the default size of the ground object. We were just messing around with Land and bodies of water. I kept getting the crashes when I would connect to the server and modify the ground.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
02-12-2013 02:46 AM
Shatterstar Offline

that error pops up usually when you don't have enough ram. if that is the case, you can always buy more ram for like 50 dollars, and it's easy to install.
02-12-2013 07:19 AM
fuzzylr Offline

That statement does not appear to be so. Here is a screen shot of when it actually crashed. As you can see I have 31% of my memory free. I was flattening the land scape when I got this.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
02-12-2013 07:35 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi

Could you do the same with the latest editor version? As in release notes it will display more info about the memory upon exiting.
Screen of the task manager during that error would also be helpful as it provides more memory info.
31% used memory is not enough of a help because I'd like to know exactly how much memory is used by the app. 32 bit apps are limited to around 3 or 4 GB of memory.
Also I've included 64 bit editor which should not make such problems.
02-12-2013 11:05 AM
fuzzylr Offline

(02-12-2013 11:05 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi

Could you do the same with the latest editor version? As in release notes it will display more info about the memory upon exiting.
Screen of the task manager during that error would also be helpful as it provides more memory info.
31% used memory is not enough of a help because I'd like to know exactly how much memory is used by the app. 32 bit apps are limited to around 3 or 4 GB of memory.
Also I've included 64 bit editor which should not make such problems.
I only see a Esenthel.exe for the client. I have the Dx10+.exe on the server. I also find your last reply a bit confusing. I have TeamSpeak up if you want to join. Maybe an instant messager? I will launch the client again and see if it crashes.

Ok, I loaded up the regular editor. I was able to work for a period of time using the x64 exe without the crashing. So it seems like it has something to do with the 32 bit version of the client.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 02:51 AM by fuzzylr.)
02-13-2013 01:58 AM
Shatterstar Offline

I have had the same error pop up when i was trying to run two editors at once. One editor i left in world editor, and the other one i used to play the game in the editor. As soon as i did, it crashed with that error. Try hitting control, alt, delete and choose your task manager. See if you have two engines running. I have caught esenthel running once even after i exited out of it before. It was an earlier build than as of now, but it still might be possible. I would look into that if i were you.
02-13-2013 03:17 AM
fuzzylr Offline

(02-13-2013 03:17 AM)Shatterstar Wrote:  I have had the same error pop up when i was trying to run two editors at once. One editor i left in world editor, and the other one i used to play the game in the editor. As soon as i did, it crashed with that error. Try hitting control, alt, delete and choose your task manager. See if you have two engines running. I have caught esenthel running once even after i exited out of it before. It was an earlier build than as of now, but it still might be possible. I would look into that if i were you.

I think Esenthel has possibly narrowed it down. I am only running 1 client. I downloaded the SDK and ran the x64 client for about an hour with no crashes. So I think that it might be an error with the 32 bit on x64 system trying to reach past 4 gigs of ram.

My team mate also purchased the 2.0 Engine and he has x64 bit system with only 4 gigs of ram and he does not experience the crash.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 03:39 AM by fuzzylr.)
02-13-2013 03:39 AM