About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Stars issue and 2D Image issue.
Dalmat Offline

Stars issue and 2D Image issue.
Hello

Currently we came across two problems.

First one is that we cant get the stars layer of atmospheric sky to work in DX10+ (works in DX9)..

Second is that our sun and moon images stop drawing when we cross the image with the screen center of our view. (Screen position 0,0)
We have checked all the images involved in the tutorial and we cannot reproduce the same error.

Also you can see the small circle forming when i look up 90 degrees, and some small squares randomly forming, but that happens only when i add star map.. it is not connected to image problem..
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 07:00 PM by Dalmat.)
02-20-2013 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Stars issue and 2D Image issue.
Hi,

Quote:First one is that we cant get the stars layer of atmospheric sky to work in DX10+ (works in DX9)..
This bug was fixed in http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...2#pid36282
-fixed displaying stars in atmospheric sky on DirectX 10+

However since then I only uploaded 2.0 version, and didn't have yet the time to upload fixed 1.0 version of the editor smile

Quote:Second is that our sun and moon images stop drawing when we cross the image with the screen center of our view. (Screen position 0,0)
We have checked all the images involved in the tutorial and we cannot reproduce the same error.
Could you attach a screenshot or small video to show the error so I would know more about it?
Thank you
02-20-2013 05:57 PM
Dalmat Offline

(02-20-2013 05:35 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  Try compiling the tutorials as DX10+ and see if you can repro the error.

We did that, and no luck.. smile

Ill upload the video in few mins.. so you can see what i mean..
02-20-2013 06:14 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Can you try updating to latest SDK?

Quote:Second is that our sun and moon images stop drawing when we cross the image with the screen center of our view. (Screen position 0,0)
Is your star position normalized? (it should be, length=1)
Sun.pos.normalize();

Also is your Camera Matrix also normalized?
try Cam.matrix.normalize() before activating it using 'set' method, and check if it changed anything

What is your D.viewRange?
02-23-2013 09:50 PM
Dalmat Offline

After update stars work perfect, and the other problem was connected with D.viewRange as you guessed.

Thanx! (for the pass also)
02-25-2013 01:50 PM