About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Version History
fatcoder Offline

Version History
Hey Esenthel, just wondering. When you post in the version history, is it possible for you to separate out changes/fixes for the engine from those for the editors.

For example, under where you normally write, "Released for Windows, etc..." you could have "Editor" then list the changes/fixes. Then start a new line with "Engine" and list the changes/fixes.

Not sure about anyone else, but this would be useful for me. I don't use any of your editors or tools, only the engine. So I'm only interested in changes to the engine. Sometimes it is hard to find them when you have a long list and some of them are hard to know if they are specific to the editor or the engine.

This is especially true with your latest update where you write, "this build features all updates since last release." When I go and look at the list of changes in the previous posts, it is hard to know what affects the engine only and what affects the 2.0 editor.

Anyway, just an idea. No pressure. smile
02-22-2013 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Version History
Quote:I don't use any of your editors or tools, only the engine.
Am I right that you've never showed us any of your projects in the Showcase forum? Why not? I am curious what are you making, and what can be done without the tools.
02-22-2013 12:51 PM
Zervox Offline

It's something awesome, I've tried to make him spill the beans before through pm. wink

Although I got him to work with recast back then, he showed off some shots then, and his questions does give clues about what he is making. ; )
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 01:13 PM by Zervox.)
02-22-2013 01:12 PM
fatcoder Offline

Haha... yes you are right. I haven't shown anything... yet.

Perhaps however I have lied a little bit. blushing I do use the tools to convert assets to the engine's formats. Oh and I use the AutoUpdate tool.

What I mean is that I don't use the world editor (at all, don't think I've even opened it in months), model editor (for anything other than converting to the engine formats) or the code editor (I've been using VS since its first release).

Oh, and Zervox, those screen shots have nothing to do with what I'm working on. That was just something I quickly put together while testing recast.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 01:23 PM by fatcoder.)
02-22-2013 01:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Then please show us what you're working on ! smile
02-22-2013 02:07 PM
fatcoder Offline

Oh I would like to, but visually it is not where I want it yet. I'm focusing my effort on gameplay before I worry about visuals. You will be the first to know (probably before anyone else wink), when I have something to show.
02-22-2013 02:14 PM
Rubeus Offline

I am also of the same opinion as fatcoder; I generally use only VS aside from the conversion tools. Putting engine changes on a separate line would be very convenient, but not a huge deal.
02-22-2013 02:37 PM