About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Complete EE 2.0 just days away and gonna be awesome...??
Ozmodian Offline

Complete EE 2.0 just days away and gonna be awesome...??
I know he said on the 22nd that he was almost done, but I think the next update we are going to get is going to be better than we even expect!

1) Esenthel has been a little more "quiet" than usual the last 2 days.
2) Price has already been raised (with no official mention)
3) He has started using it to create games from ground up (EE Racing)
4) ... and of course, he always over delivers!

Cant wait to see what he has in store!
02-27-2013 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

RE: Complete EE 2.0 just days away and gonna be awesome...??
He did say somewhere that he was going to put it up in 2 days or so at one point.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 04:39 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
02-27-2013 04:39 AM
gwald Offline

Yeah your right!
Well, I just hope it's well documented and print friendly grin

And no official new build, it's still v21 only with 'Beta' removed.

Also, Licensed Developer members have slowed down since the price increase (spoke too soon!), strange I would have thought it was a better deal then v1.

I would have made it $200 and put out there some coupons for $50 off.
The tight people will find them, the rest wont care.
But then again, I would have developed the library with a API Doc generator in mind grin grin oh :(

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 01:37 PM by gwald.)
02-27-2013 05:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
The next update will only include image atlas and mini map generation, allowing for Esenthel Rts to be ported to 2.0
It takes time to progress with the features
02-27-2013 06:36 AM
Ozmodian Offline

Hey, i think being able to port RTS over to 2.0 is a big win (and looks like a lot of work). I am always amazed how quickly you are cranking out new features.

Keep up the great work.
02-27-2013 07:38 AM
Zervox Offline

(02-27-2013 04:30 AM)Ozmodian Wrote:  I know he said on the 22nd that he was almost done, but I think the next update we are going to get is going to be better than we even expect!

1) Esenthel has been a little more "quiet" than usual the last 2 days.
3) He has started using it to create games from ground up (EE Racing)
4) ... and of course, he always over delivers!

Cant wait to see what he has in store!

Please..
1 and 2).
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...9#pid36759

and if you already know he stated this on the 22nd why is it still a surprise?

3).
Games from the ground up..
Bloody Massacre,
Esenthel RPG2
Inesis Online
EE RTS
and latest, EE Racing

4) No-one always over delivers. in fact not all updates or work done requires a status at the likes of a holy grail, as is with all patch work, it is great work to get it fixed fast but it isn't an over achievement.
02-27-2013 07:40 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi again,

Esenthel 2.0 is already complete smile in a way that it's no longer alpha or beta, it's now fully stable, solid, working and allows for creating kick ass games for all 4 platforms.

There are still a few features from 1.0 that I intend to add to 2.0 in the nearest future, all of that you can see on the engine's roadmap. After they're finished, remaining items from the roadmap will be implemented.
02-27-2013 01:57 PM
gwald Offline

Hello Zervox dude!
2. He said it was going up in Dec and most were complaining about paying for it (seems petty now after LE3 fiasco lol), and that's the surprise:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...8#pid35708

3) Games from the ground up, means created in V2, not migrated.

4) " it is great work to get it fixed fast but it isn't an over achievement. "
When doing everything yourself and keeping a standard of quality and support... I would say that's over delivering.

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
02-27-2013 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

(02-27-2013 01:58 PM)gwald Wrote:  Hello Zervox dude!
2. He said it was going up in Dec and most were complaining about paying for it (seems petty now after LE3 fiasco lol), and that's the surprise:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...8#pid35708

3) Games from the ground up, means created in V2, not migrated.

4) " it is great work to get it fixed fast but it isn't an over achievement. "
When doing everything yourself and keeping a standard of quality and support... I would say that's over delivering.

He said it was going alpha or was it next beta version back then. and it was absolutely no suprise as this topic was made recently and after EE announced that prices would change. I can't see any surprise in this at all.

3) Games from the ground up based on the editor version alone is stupid, if you are going to hold some decent standards of what the engine has been used for, you should include the core engine which both 1.0 and 2.0 uses.

4)I don't lower my bars for bug fixes or minor updates, Esenthel might want to agree that many times when you are updating the core of an engine alot of the update lists are sub-par to be truly satisfactory. if you are used to work at a fast steady pace and you release an minor update you usually don't feel nearly as good as when you are working average or above.

EDIT: I might agree when he actually has the time to reply to questions and give support for newcomers might lean towards over delivering, but again he only does so when he has the time, which you will see at times it can take quite a while before he can answer or help, considering more important things such as the engine is being developed. again he also has said on multiple occasions he has little- to no time answering every engine functions or helping with something that is related to C++/Esenthel Script function usage.

I also thought I'd add, this is not a hate post or demeaning, I am just using my rights to reply my opinion on the matter : )(reading over the countless posts I've made I know I can come forward looking like a rageaholic) wink
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 02:42 PM by Zervox.)
02-27-2013 02:22 PM
fatcoder Offline

Have to agree with Zervox. Don't mistake the 2.0 editor with the actual engine. The editor is just a tool. The engine is what makes everything happen and all the previous demo projects use the same engine, regardless of the tool set.
02-27-2013 02:35 PM