About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hi everyone
Pixel Perfect Offline

Hi everyone
Nice to find myself in this community and looking at what seems like a very exciting engine. I'm looking forward to getting to know the engine and the community members over time.

I'm a C++ programmer and hobbiest game developer. I have been working with Leadwerks Engine 2 predominantly and will probably finish my initial game engine design learning curve using that. However, the change of emphesis at Leadwerks has resulted in me starting to look at other engines and Esenthel looks on the surface like a good move for me; especially as there are now plenty of fellow Leadwerkers here!

You can see the kind of work I've been doing on my You Tube channel.

So, as I've already had a big hello from all the guys I do know, a big hello to all of those I don't know. This community looks pretty cool!
03-03-2013 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

RE: Hi everyone
Videos look great. You are very talented. Welcome to the community!
03-04-2013 12:11 AM
gwald Offline

Welcome!
Yeah cool clips!

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-04-2013 12:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Hi Qzmodian, gwald . Thanks for the welcome and comments. I will be downloading the free version tonight and starting my adventure with Esenthel. Exciting times!
03-04-2013 03:37 PM
rstralberg Offline

I'm so glad to see you here Pixel .... Welcome grin

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
03-04-2013 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwrz Offline

Welcome Pixel.
Nice videos! =)

You did everything by yourself?
03-08-2013 03:21 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Thanks rwrz.

In answer to your question, yes pretty much. All programming , scripting and level design was by me. I'm not a modeller so the models are bought but I do rigging and simple animation too.
03-08-2013 11:51 PM
Shatterstar Offline

do you think you will finish kingdom of soul in Esenthel? I would really like to see that.
03-09-2013 02:38 AM
Palaxe Offline

Great Video!
All I can say is 2.0 is Fantastic. So many hidden features! I find something new everyday.
I love the drag and drop.
Change color and textures on the fly!
When you error out on code you can click the error and it takes you right to it in the editor and gives you clues to what the problem is.
Great for a noob coder like myself smile
03-09-2013 02:38 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(03-09-2013 02:38 AM)Shatterstar Wrote:  do you think you will finish kingdom of soul in Esenthel? I would really like to see that.
Thanks Shatterstar. It's really hard for me to say at the moment. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. It would be easier for me to continue this project with Leadwerks Engine 2 as this, unlike my other FPS project, relies heavily on my use of the EKI One AI engine tools (most of which I have not even publicly demoed yet) and I would need to integrate that with Esenthel in order to continue. However, I am investigating the feasibility of doing that; so it's a possibility.

(03-09-2013 02:38 AM)Palaxe Wrote:  Great Video!
All I can say is 2.0 is Fantastic. So many hidden features! I find something new everyday.
I love the drag and drop.
Change color and textures on the fly!
When you error out on code you can click the error and it takes you right to it in the editor and gives you clues to what the problem is.
Great for a noob coder like myself smile
Thanks too. I completely agree. The more I see of this engine the more I like it. I'm a reasonably experienced C++ coder but I'm impressed none the less with the implementation here. I'm not going to make any rash decisions but I'm now effectively working with a dying engine (officially still supported but the reality is quite different) and I'm very much attracted to Esenthel's functionality, its apparent stability, and very impressed by the designers rapid response to any bugs that are identified. It is ticking a lot of boxes here.

Seems a friendly community too which is always a big plus smile
03-09-2013 12:59 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Welcome!
Hope you will enjoy your stay here smile
03-09-2013 01:12 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Thank you, and kudos to you. You really have created something quite special here!

I'm seriously investigating the possibility of moving my game projects to Esenthel. If all goes well I will have no hesitation in purchasing the engine as soon as the process is completed.
03-09-2013 01:35 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Engine purchased. Glad to be aboard. Looking forward to moving my game development to Esenthel smile
03-11-2013 11:47 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Nice, he is in!! Let the hazing begin..... wink j/k Welcome to the party.
03-11-2013 11:53 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

lol ... Cheers, guess I have a lot to learn but I think the journey will be worth it!
03-12-2013 01:25 AM