About Store Forum Documentation Contact

I DID IT!!!! LOL
Shatterstar Offline

I DID IT!!!! LOL
I finally found out how to animate your own custom character in esenthel. Greg, I'm sure you're happy that i fixed my problem, so i wont have to bother you anymore. smile Come to find out, it was something that was wrong with my model inside blender before export. So, I knew how to do it all along. If you are using blender to model, dont ignore scale to size error. fix it. It is an error that pops up whenever you export your fbx and something isnt scaled right. If anybody ever has that problem....just pm me and I'll tell ya how to fix it. here is my own character with his stand anim. YAY!!!!!! lol

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 11:59 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-05-2013 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: I DID IT!!!! LOL
Congrats! smile
03-06-2013 12:34 AM
Shatterstar Offline

thanks smile
03-06-2013 12:36 AM
gdalex Offline

GG Shatterstar smile

Now... VIDEO TUTORIAL TIME grin
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 10:36 AM by gdalex.)
03-06-2013 10:35 AM
Shatterstar Offline

lol...i know right. yeah...I'm going to do a video tutorial work pipeline that will start with makehuman, to blender, to Esenthel. And I'm going to try and cover easily made mistakes that can be avoided. It will take a little time though, because it will be the first video tutorial that ive made in my entire life.
03-06-2013 01:31 PM
gwald Offline

Awesome!!
No more pretzels lol
Nobody expects much for a first video wink
Just do it!

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-06-2013 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Palaxe Offline

(03-06-2013 01:31 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  lol...i know right. yeah...I'm going to do a video tutorial work pipeline that will start with makehuman, to blender, to Esenthel. And I'm going to try and cover easily made mistakes that can be avoided. It will take a little time though, because it will be the first video tutorial that ive made in my entire life.

That would be great!
03-06-2013 03:48 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Congrats! Always a great feeling when you finally crack a long standing issue smile
04-13-2013 08:30 AM
Nito Vermilion Offline

congrats - working on exactly that too. Currently at the "blender" step. Nice one though, keep it up
04-13-2013 11:42 AM
Rubeus Offline

The pipeline tutorial is something that I would love to see. As a programmer, it can be frustrating trying to get my art assets working properly while not knowing if it's the code or model that is causing the issues.
It would also be nice if someone could make a set of guidelines and best practices for importing models/animations so us programmer types can just hand off the list and be sure we will get something that works in return.
04-13-2013 01:37 PM