About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Corruption on Update
uNetti Offline

RE: World Corruption on Update
Well, I heard the reasoning for sticking with Esenthel Engine vs something that is more in favor of general programmers, is due to many of the graphic benefits. I am surprised to be honest to hear about this benefits since Esenthel does not seam to have made this clear to the public, of what I understand Esenthel is really under marketing hes product, or maybe it's just Latin for me, so I didn't catch them in reviews.

Examples I heard is dynamically allocated LOD, where in most engines you need to create 4-5 LOD images down to billboard, Esenthel engine creates those when you compile/build the world. Correct me if I am wrong, cause I am not graphics guy.
Another thing i heard is IK Solver, where you normally need 3th party plugin or similar.
Another is map generator, something about easier then other world generators to extend the area with pressing insert.

And the list goes on, but I don't understand half of it, cause I never really been interested in making models. In shorts, my understanding is just, us programmers can get frustrated with the lack of documentation of the various macros, but the graphics guys are jumping in joy cause its so easy for them...

For the most part I am happy with the Documentation.chm which is very nice, but sometimes I can really scratch my head and wonder what kinda macro/template is causing this behavior and where do I find it...

But considering most hosting companies where I pay 15$ year, I get faster and more feedback, I keep thinking that Esenthel would make allot more money if he trained some staff to take care of the support tickets, people are so cheap in Poland in comparison to salary in rest of Scandinavia.

Oh, you posted Esenthel.

I can't speak for Ethan, but I don't see that as an insult to you, you said yourself you are overwhelmed with pm's which is perfectly understandable. You have mentioned yourself that your way too busy atm., which is perfectly understandable. No-one can blame you or the engine for having a great product.

But some development teams needs more, so if you can train some more tech guys that people like Ethan can pay for support, that would be great.

This is not a problem at all with the engine, its purely a lack of skilled programmers available.

And I only pm'd you on skype without getting a reply, cause Ethan said I could PM you, I am sorry if I was not allowed.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 11:56 AM by uNetti.)
03-19-2013 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

I can't say there is much that isn't documented, sure there are stuff that could be documented or better documented, but it really isn't alot.
03-19-2013 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

As mentioned, Documentation.chm is nice, but often uses "uncommon" formats like brackets to create a scope, I can't really remember last time I saw that. By all means, that is not bad, but for new people joining the engine, it can be very confusing, took me a few min of looking if I missed a for loop or something, until I realized what he had done.
03-19-2013 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

Wow Esenthel, I figured there was some PM'ing going on but I would have never guessed it was that blatantly disrespectful. I am sorry that things had to go down that way. Most of us truly appreciate all the work you do for this community. Keep up the good work.

Ethan, no need for that rude response to my post, I thought it was something I should share with the community since you decided to share it on your blog. I am one of your Indiegogo supporters (as I am sure others in this community are as well) so I clearly mean you no ill intentions.
03-19-2013 04:03 PM
EthanC Offline

Update.

The world files "built" after 11 hours 31 minutes on EE 1.0 SDK 22

Imported into EE 2.0. Steps 1/3 went by in less than 5 minutes. Step 4 completed in just under 40 minutes, the last 30 were spent when the progress meter was already at 100%.

PC specs are posted beneath.

Time of this report: 3/20/2013, 18:04:59
Machine name: EthanC
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/22/12 22:57:59 Ver: 04.02
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8146MB RAM
Page File: 6171MB used, 10118MB available
Windows Dir: G:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
03-21-2013 12:59 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Many thanks, but if you'd like me to test why it's taking so long with 1.0 then I'll still need the world data.
Thank you
03-21-2013 10:01 AM
EthanC Offline

Which world data, edit or game? I ask because the folders are 3GB in size each with upload speeds will probably take an entire day for me to upload where I can share it.
03-21-2013 10:28 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Just "Edit" version is enough
03-27-2013 09:22 PM