About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved]"Error Can't load Material "wr!tnx^frdb5pucar_fw6fq""
UntamedChaos Offline

[Solved]"Error Can't load Material "wr!tnx^frdb5pucar_fw6fq""
Hello,

I've been spending today with adding some new models to the world, regularly testing how they look by running around in the world, now suddenly when builing the world I get a error message saying just this "Error Can't load Material "wr!tnx^frdb5pucar_fw6fq"" and then I'm back to the editor.

Any ideas on why this happened and how to fix it?
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 08:19 AM by UntamedChaos.)
03-16-2013 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UntamedChaos Offline

RE: "Error Can't load Material "wr!tnx^frdb5pucar_fw6fq""
Nevermind this, solved by deleting a model and material in my resources and re-adding it.
03-16-2013 06:31 PM
UntamedChaos Offline

Ok so I thought it was solved, it however isn't showed up again and I can't get it away now. Any ideas?

The output window shows this;
Quote:D:\Project Cocacabanana\Esenthel 2.0\Projects\_Build_\GoldAndSteel\Project 2010.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'GoldAndSteel' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64'.
1>------ Build started: Project: GoldAndSteel, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> Player.cpp
1> Main.cpp
1> Generating Code...
1> Project 2010.vcxproj -> D:\Project Cocacabanana\Esenthel 2.0\Projects\_Build_\GoldAndSteel\GoldAndSteel.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Which doesn't make much sense to me or my friend.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 12:17 AM by UntamedChaos.)
03-17-2013 12:10 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Perhaps your visual studio does not allow for x64 compilation.

Try running in debug mode, once error occurs, view the callstack, check what's accessing that material.

Enter "wr!tnx^frdb5pucar_fw6fq" material name into project filter textline, see if it displays anything.

Check for any exclamation marks (small red icon) next to project elements, they should warn about missing/invalid references.
03-17-2013 01:17 PM
UntamedChaos Offline

Did some more troubleshooting, the output error was fixed by a clean reinstall of VS.
However the material error took some more time, it seems like it was a material that was painted somewhere on the world and then removed (Atleast that is my theory), it wasn't a material related to any object but it was a world related issue.
03-18-2013 08:19 AM