About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Environment setting not the same between WE and the game
dylantan Offline

Environment setting not the same between WE and the game
Hi good people,

I have this strange problem and am not sure if any of you face them before. The thing is we did most of our environment setting in the World Editor (using the toll available) and we got close to what we wanted. But come to the game, it feel somewhat different from the WE. See the sample below:

Here is from WE itself:

and here is from the game itself:

You can see the slight the difference. Somehow the image feel lot more sharper with the WE and look better than compare in the game. However I think another problem is the DoF is turned on which we will remove. My question is how can we have exactly the same setting you get in the WE into the Game? Thanks in advance ppl.
03-21-2013 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xzessmedia Offline

RE: Environment setting not the same between WE and the game
just an idea, did you sync env settings with the world file?

Code:
if(Game.World.settings().environment) // if the world has environment settings (like sun, ambient, sky, ..)
      Game.World.settings().environment->set(); // then set them

Royality Free Game Ressources
www.xzessmedia.de
03-22-2013 01:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

Also remember, you need to drag the environment into the world file, before it will load environment that way. I spent quite a few hours trying to understand that logic...
03-22-2013 07:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello dylantan! It would be helpful if you'd first specify if you're using 1.0 or 2.0.
Thanks
03-22-2013 01:43 PM
gwald Offline

(03-22-2013 07:14 AM)uNetti Wrote:  Also remember, you need to drag the environment into the world file, before it will load environment that way. I spent quite a few hours trying to understand that logic...

just double clicking works

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-22-2013 02:33 PM
dylantan Offline

(03-22-2013 01:43 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hello dylantan! It would be helpful if you'd first specify if you're using 1.0 or 2.0.
Thanks

Hi Esenthel, we using EE version 1.0. The blur seem gone after removing the DoF, but the colors (ambients), and mood doesn't seem to be the same between the WE and in the game. The world in the game looked somewhat brighter (in WE it is more darker feel), and it seem we lost some ambients.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 02:59 AM by dylantan.)
03-23-2013 02:14 AM
para Offline

Just load the settings yourself, that's what I did - you can save the environment settings in WE to a .txt file, but the functionality to load the file in code has gone (because now it uses a binary format instead of plain text), so you have to either hard code those values or write a loader / converter yourself...

P.S. and I think Esenthel even posted on the forum (in a similar thread to this one) the removed code that does saving and loading of env txt files), might give you a head start ...
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 09:05 PM by para.)
03-23-2013 09:03 PM
dylantan Offline

Thanks Para, but loading is not the issue here as you can see on the image we load just fine (using our own pre-defined txt file). Its how we get the exact "setting" from WE to the Game that is our issue. The colors and ambients are somewhat different from WE than to the game is what we trying to solve, not loading.
03-24-2013 03:00 AM
para Offline

Ah sorry, I was assuming you didn't load the settings, because I didn't see it mentioned in your post, plus I had a similar issue with WE giving me a different result, until I nailed EVERY setting down, including video options, like hdr and AO.. if there's still any difference I don't see it any more with my naked eye..

There might be other factors influencing this though, as I'm only using EE for a couple of weeks I don't have any more helpful ideas.. maybe Esenthel or one of the more experienced users could shed some light on this..

-edit: In the first shot there appears to be a great deal of AO in the scene, while in the second I can't really see any ?
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 04:19 PM by para.)
03-24-2013 04:17 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

For codes responsible for saving loading and setting environment settings for 1.0 Please look here
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=5507

You can use it to import world editor settings and save to custom format
I recommend EE.Environmemt
03-24-2013 06:34 PM
dylantan Offline

Thanks Para and Esenthel.

@ Esenthel, we are using the EE.Environment format and the same format used in WE, its the same used in the Game. Maybe it is as what Para said, need to check whats the AO.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 03:52 AM by dylantan.)
03-25-2013 01:57 AM