About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code dev requests
AndrewBGS Offline

Code dev requests
Since EE seems to work easier without VS, I thought I'd make a post and kindly ask for some simple utility features I'm missing.

Most of all, I miss the cascading of functions. You know, the plus/minus in a square at the start of a function that allows you to minimise the function, much like the view mode does, except I'd like this to be in the editing mode, and let me use it for just one or more functions, and also edit them. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Second, while the embedded FIND function is quite cool, I'd like to be able to double click a word and see all it's occurances in the current file. Helps a lot with understanding things.

Last thing that pops in my head is a rather personal request, but I for one hate auto-complete brackets. I'd love it if you could add an option for users to disable it.

And.... very nice job with this engine, I'm a computer engineer or something and I have a pretty good idea how hard it is to do all this, and most of all I LOVE how you make a ton of things damn efficient.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 12:09 PM by AndrewBGS.)
04-04-2013 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Code dev requests
(04-04-2013 09:45 AM)andreim44 Wrote:  Second, while the embedded FIND function is quite cool, I'd like to be able to double click a word and see all it's occurances in the current file. Helps a lt with understanding things.

Agreed. smile
04-04-2013 11:17 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

For the moment you can use ctrl+alt+enter
04-04-2013 11:44 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

Thanks, I had no idea. Just like the trick with middle mouse button getting you to the declaration of the variable. Is there some special magic place where all these tips are listed?
04-04-2013 12:08 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Yes, they're here
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...#Shortcuts
I'll try to put them into Code Editor Menu
04-04-2013 12:50 PM
Veggie Offline

Good list of requests. A "Search & Replace" is also needed.
04-04-2013 03:04 PM