About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo

Version 1.0 and 2.0 shared headers/libs
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Version 1.0 and 2.0 shared headers/libs
Hi Esenthel,

When EE2.0 is updated, does it also update the VS headers and lib files that is applicable to 1.0? For 1.0 users, do we just run the typical AutoUpdate.exe tool to get the updated shared files?

Thanks,
04-08-2013 02:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Online
Administrator

RE: Version 1.0 and 2.0 shared headers/libs
Hello!

2.0 has the headers+lib in the "Bin" folder.
However it's made that way that it doesn't require copying them to VS folders (so they're not copied).

But if you want, you can do that manually.
04-08-2013 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

That's great news! Kind of a silly question, but is the updated 2.0 headers built to be backwards compatible with the 1.0 (like how you have the updated Game Object C++ classes where it works for both 1.0 and 2.0 formats)? Will this also allow me to support Physx3 after copying all the necessary files manually for 1.0?

I'm also starting to investigate migrating my 1.0 project over to 2.0. Can I maintain my VS2012 Solution and still use the 2.0 editor? How will the migration work with regards to the code? My biggest fear is slowing down the dev cycle by having to relearn where everything is from an asset perspective, and even worse, if the VS solution (which has 5 projects under it) will have to be recreated.

Any guidance or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
04-09-2013 03:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwald Offline

My understanding is v1 and v2 share the same library/headers.
Only the editors are different?

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
04-09-2013 05:19 AM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

At the moment it doesn't appear so. The headers/libs for 2.0 is kept in a different folder altogether so when 2.0 is updated, it doesn't do anything to the existing folders that 1.0 relies on.
04-09-2013 12:48 PM