About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Few basic question about EE 2.0
Pherael Offline

Few basic question about EE 2.0
I spend more and more time with EE 2.0 and I think is great, still I'm confused about few things in editor tools.

1. How to create 2 objects with the same mesh but with different materials? In EE 1.0 that was easy (there was "material" option in object parameters). I know I can duplicate object and change material in copy, but I don't know if that duplicate mesh or use the same source as oryginal. I'm making game for phones, so the project size matter for me.

2. There is no more base option (parents) for object in editor (or I didn't found it). In EE 1.0 I had tree structure for object in editor and it was handy for me. Is this option has been removed in the EE 2.0?

Sorry if I missed a similar topic in forum.
04-20-2013 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Few basic question about EE 2.0
1. You can create object parameter "material" and in codes use MaterialLock, just like game object classes do it (look into source code for game objects)

2. Once you have object opened in the Editor (Object Editor) you can drag and drop another one onto the "class" combobox in parameter region to set it as the parent/base.
It may be visible in the Editor as if the child object has no mesh, but it will work ok in the game. (when doing "Play" in a World)
04-20-2013 01:03 PM
Pherael Offline

RE: Few basic question about EE 2.0
Ok, thank you very much for quick response.
04-20-2013 01:11 PM