About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE 2 Map feature
AndrewBGS Offline

EE 2 Map feature
EE 2.0 has no map generating feature?
I found no tutorial regarding map or minimap, nor any tool or something to generate it. I did find a library with minimap functions, but nothing seemed to create it from the actual world.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned on the roadmap.
Am I missing something? I'm sure there's no way an engine goes without a map generating feature.
05-06-2013 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kiekos Offline

RE: EE 2 Map feature
In EE SDK there is a tutorial for Mini Map (23 in Game Basics). I'm pretty sure EE 2.0 has that feature as well.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 09:20 PM by Kiekos.)
05-06-2013 07:04 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

I know the EE 1 one. There is no such tutorial in EE 2 however. I tried using the EE1 tutorial in EE2, but EE1 used to generated the minimap upon updating the world, and it would have a file with that map to display. EE2 doesn't seem to have such file. In case it does, I have no idea how or where to find it.
05-06-2013 07:08 PM
Pherael Offline

Right click anywere on side panel and then New-> MiniMap.
05-06-2013 07:25 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Why on Earth did I not see that?
Thanks a lot, and sorry for the silly question.
05-06-2013 08:24 PM
Kiekos Offline

I don't want to make another thread so I'll just ask here. I've seen a game powered by EE which had a rotating minimap. I couldn't find it in the tutorials. How can I achieve that?
05-06-2013 09:22 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

So while there's still Kiekos' question answered, I'm adding another one, that might help with his also:

I want to have full access to that map. I'm imagining a huge .bmp or .jpeg picture or something. I need that map printed, pretty big, to organise things right and talk about stuff with my team. I will also want to edit it, maybe apply some image processing effects on it and stuff.

So is there a way to gain full access to the map image? If no, I really think we should get one for the next update.
05-12-2013 02:18 PM
Kiekos Offline

One thing keeps killing me for a few days now. I've used the minimap tutorial to do my minimap, but now I'd like to make a nice frame on top of it. This is what the rectangle containing minimap image looks like:

Code:
Rect_RU(D.w(), D.h(), 0.5f, 0.5f).extend(-0.05f)

and because of the 0.5f size it's slightly smaller that the actual minimap image. If I made a frame and saved it as .png and loaded it exactly the same way as minimap it would match it nicely. But that's just if the frame is an image.

What if I want to make a .gobj in the editor with + and - buttons to change minimap radius. How do I place it exactly over the minimap and know what size it should be?

MinimapAlpha is 256x256 with minimap 'circle' being something about 220-230 whereas in game minimap 'circle' is aproximately 196px wide.

I'm so confused with the scaling...
05-16-2013 09:01 PM