About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Feature request - User helpers
rsutton84 Offline

Feature request - User helpers
You know since I have been here, I have recieved alot of help and saw many tutorials from users who dont have to even make them.

I want more though lol.

My suggestion.

Users who help and make good tutorials maybe get discounts or $ added to their account to use in the store for helping others. This will encourage the whole community to develop more people which INTURN makes the users buy more from the store and it is not like you are losing out on anything because that potentail person who is running the demo version ( like me ) will be more in tune to buy a product that has great support.

Just a suggestion. but I think it will work out to Esenthel's advantage in the long run. Youll actually make alot more profit from people this way and even though you are giving the other users money on their accounts to spend, the return is going to be greater because of the support offered by this engine, tutorials given and such. Maybe even show other users how much that person has made ? maybe encourage others to make tutorials....

How will you judge how much that person gets off in your store? Well thats up to you. Im just here for the suggestion !

Thanks.
05-24-2013 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Feature request - User helpers
I believe that is a good suggestion. grin there is a forum in Making games/General called Video Tutorials. Why just video tutorials? Why not have a tutorials forum for all tutorials including the ones that do not have video? I have seen plenty of tutorials that were very good, but they did not have video. Some of them were well worded, along with pictures. I sugguest making another forum called Tutorials. All tutorials that did not have video can go there. Also, I'm asking that this be done, and that all of the past tutorials that did not go into the video tutorials thread be redirected into a new forum just called Tutorials.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 12:21 PM by Shatterstar.)
05-24-2013 12:18 PM
candam Offline

+1 Yup nice suggestion it's going to support and encourage a lot of people to help because they will get something in return
05-25-2013 01:45 AM
gwald Offline

-1 Do either of you work for free? Do you give away part of your salary to those that help your employer's clients and not you directly? I really don't get this?

Adding Rating/reputation/thanks etc features to the forum is good enough.. but not really needed, because if you searched for your problems you quickly know who are/were the most helpful/knowledgeable.

And as time goes on and you become knowledgeable, you help others by sharing a bit.

What would be the best 'User help' is extending the latest post to a few pages.
That way more people see more posts and the chances of getting help is higher.

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 02:59 AM by gwald.)
05-25-2013 02:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

I'm going to have to agree with gwald on this issue.

Although from a business(Esenthel's) perspective this is unfeasible and a fiscally bad idea, keep in mind that there are already benefits to helping others:
1) Teaching is the best way to really understand on a deeper level
2) People might see your tutorials/posts/suggestions and let you know there is a better way to do something that you didn't know about.
3) The 'noobies' have a chance of taking what you helped them learn and furthering their knowledge to the point that they may be able to help YOU in the future.
4) Seeing some of these projects is payment enough for helping.
5) Some of these tutorials work just as well, if not better, for showcasing games
Etc, etc
05-25-2013 01:27 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Yeh this just wouldn't work... There is also a risk that there would be a lot of bad tutorials from people just wanting freebies...
05-26-2013 02:55 AM
candam Offline

Yup you're opinions Scarlet and Rubeus and gwald is better than me so I change my opinion -1 you convinced me guys smile
05-26-2013 04:38 AM