About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Using Icon Editor
slackjawx Offline

Using Icon Editor
How do you use the Icon Editor in conjunction with Icon Settings to make an Icon? I would love to use this tool but I am not sure how to end up with just a picture of my icon. It seems to leave "Icon Settings" and whatever I name the icon editor in with my object.

I know I can just make an icon in photoshop but I like how you can use the tool to position and light the object. I am just not sure of how to end up with just an 'icon' and not 'icon settings' in the folder too..?

in the attached image, if I delete 'icon settings' then that gives me a red ! on 'icon'. And 'icon' is the icon editor so I dont think that's what I am supposed to end up with anyways.

Am I thinking correctly that if I want to use the Icon Editor for Esenthel I need to keep the Icon Settings under the object as well?

Or if I just make a new Image under my object and drag on an icon I make from photoshop, I dont need to use the Icon editor/Icon settings?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 02:51 AM by slackjawx.)
05-30-2013 03:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Using Icon Editor
If you're importing an image from photoshop, then it's an Image type of element.

If you're creating an icon from 3d object, then it's an Icon type of element.
Icon requires Object+Icon Settings to be created.

Double click Icon and double click Icon Settings ("Icon Settings" allows to change lighting, and options, one Icon Settings can be used for many Icons)
05-31-2013 01:30 PM
slackjawx Offline

RE: Using Icon Editor
Thanks for the info!

If I use icon settings for many icons in the same folder that means that all 3d objects associated with that 'Icon Settings' will have the same setting though right? ie, same transforms, lighting and color changes?

Edit: No need to answer this. I just need to try it out wink
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 02:52 AM by slackjawx.)
06-01-2013 03:52 PM